Do you ever buy ammo for guns that you don't own?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Scott

Single-Sixer
Haven't spent any money on ammo for guns I don't have, but I sure do eye the .357 mag that is usually at the Wally world when none of my calibers are available. I also admit to saving .45ACP brass from my buddy's 1911 when we're at the range , "just in case" I ever get one of my own. I'm building up quite a supply - maybe it's on my subconsciense wish list 8)

tunnug

Single-Sixer
No, but I did pick up a beautiful set of grips that I'll eventually get a gun for, does that count :D .

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Things get really bad when you start buying dies for guns you don't have and then you have to buy the gun to go with the bullets and dies you purchased. You know you are really hooked when you even reload the ammo, which I have done, in preparation to getting the rifle or handgun.

Charlie

ROYCE636

Bearcat
charlies":ghxg9w9g said:
Things get really bad when you start buying dies for guns you don't have and then you have to buy the gun to go with the bullets and dies you purchased. You know you are really hooked when you even reload the ammo, which I have done, in preparation to getting the rifle or handgun.

Charlie
I do that , I can't stand to see empty brass laying around!

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
I pick some ammo up for my buddy's... usually in .40 when i see it at walmart.
and i dont own a .40 so does that count?

Jaybirdjtski

Bearcat
Wow BearHawk,
You sound like a budding cartridge collector. I have a 50 BMG and a 416 Barrett on display right on the bar. Saw a 500 Nitro Express on gunbroker.com the other day. There is something about big cartridges with big bullets that is just fascinating.
You might be onto something for the ladies, the ones into guns that is. Market lipstick packaged up to look like cartridges. The bullet comes off to reveal the lipstick....cool. It could work to keep teenage boys away from your daughters, too.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Jaybirdjtski":2uvfj83q said:
... Market lipstick packaged up to look like cartridges. The bullet comes off to reveal the lipstick....cool. It could work to keep teenage boys away from your daughters, too.
Every time I show my wife some of my newly-loaded rounds (hey, a guy has to brag), she pulls out a couple and holds them up to her ears, remarking what lovely earrings they'd make. I'm thinking of setting her up with a couple of (blank) .380 rounds, and some .243 or .30/30s for those occasions where dangly ones are desired. ;) How about some case head studs?

-- Sam

Jaybirdjtski

Bearcat
Great idea Yosemite! We might be onto something here. If she wears 22lr you would know she is in a nice, light-hearted mood. If she is wearing 44 mags with hollow points, you would know to stand back!
Some of the big, shiny hard cast bullets would be nice, too. I think you would have to drill out alot of the lead or she would end up with ears lobes hanging down!
2nd Amendment Art!

Hanzerik

Bearcat
I did once; bought a 100 rounds of .44 Mag because I wanted a lever gun in that caliber. Well, I hit a road-block on the gun purchase and decided to trade the .44 ammo for some 7.62x39 at a local shop. The owner was only going to give me 5 boxes of cheap wolf 7.62x39 ($4 box of 20), I pulled my ammo off the counter at walked out with a pissed off look. A customer followed me out and asked me how much i wanted for it, and I said I'd take $50. He said to follow him down to the Sheriffs department to grab his money. I come to find out he is their firearms instructor and shoots a lot of .44 and was glad to only be paying $50 for almost $75 worth of ammo. Nice guy.

Then later that day I hit a public shooting area where I found 100+ empty .44 Mag cases that looked like they had just been fired. I took it as an omen and bought my first .44 Levergun a couple days later. Now I have two leverguns in .44mag, a SBH in .44mag on layaway, and 400 rounds of factory .44mag stashed away for a rainy day, and about 500 rounds of mixed brass (C.B.C & Winchester) reloads for my hunting/plinking ammo. I'm on the lookout for some .44SPL brass to try my hand at loading those for even cheaper plinking loads.

Latest posts