Did Ruger hold off production?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JumpmasterC

Single-Sixer
So, inquiring on why they have no 10/22's except a pink one on the shelves at Big 5, they said Ruger has ceased production of semi-autos with detachable magazines, awaiting any new federal legislation! Is there any truth to that or was he talking out his 4th point of contact?

Kermit814

Bearcat
I guess they could have but without a press release from Ruger I'd call B.S. As a business model, why would you stop producing a product which may* become illegal and is currently selling like ice-water in hell?

*there's no way in hell 10/22s will become illegal in this country.

Joewisc

Bearcat
10-22 is on Feinstein's "exempt" list. Won't be banned. I have had several gun stores tell me that they have them ordered and the rifles are being allocated. I bet by the end of March there will be plenty available and price will come down.

Ruber

Single-Sixer
The other week, the local Big5 clerk told me no one has made a 30-30 since Winchester was bought by Freedom Group in 1967 and canned the model 94.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Where in CA are you? The shops down here have been starting to get them in with some decent numbers.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
JumpmasterC said:
So, inquiring on why they have no 10/22's except a pink one on the shelves at Big 5, they said Ruger has ceased production of semi-autos with detachable magazines, awaiting any new federal legislation! Is there any truth to that or was he talking out his 4th point of contact?

Never head of Big Five but you are in rare country if there is a local store with a 10/22 no matter the color. There are none to be found around here new. Local shows garner them very rarely but at almost twice the price for a new one if a new one were to be found.

JimInMichigan

Bearcat
I just picked up two 10/22's with the green laminate stock...$260 ea, which I about crapped myself when I read the tag. Funny thing, the LGS only had 1 one on the shelf. I grabbed it, thinking I was lucky to get one. I told the clerk how I had been watching for a couple for my Grandkids, and he said he had more in back. So he brings me two with consecutive serial numbers, then puts the " one " back on the shelf. A year ago, the same LGS would have 10 different models on the shelf, with multiples of each. Maybe the LGS is feeding the frenzy by making the consumer think that loney one on the shelf is the " Last One "?

If anyone is near Mid Michigan, you know the LGS, I'm sure. They have a few more in stock as of yesterday.

rich e

Single-Sixer
According to the New York Safe Act There still legal in N.Y.State, not sure about bloomburg town, we just have to load no more than 7 rds. ( have you ever heard of such stupidity?)

6gun

Hunter
Number one rule, never believe a word or rumor that comes out of the mouth of a person working behind a gun counter.

DPris

Buckeye
I asked my Ruger contact at the SHOT Show last month if Ruger was holding off on ANYTHING, pending further legislation.
The answer was no. Ruger is now running FIVE shifts to try to keep up & can't.
Most product is already bought for several months ahead.

Models are run in batches on a rotating production schedule, nothing is in continuous production.

Just a matter of waiting.
Denis

22bond

Single-Sixer
LGS got a shipment of 10/22 black synthetic SS 16" w/flash suppresor.
Still have close to 15 when they close today. $290+tax

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Tactical/models.html

I don't know why it is going for $400+ on gunbroker
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329726492

Maybe I should just go buy them all tomorrow morning.

Latest posts