Bought a bunch of .357 Mag and .38 Spl. Now I need the gun!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Damageinc

Bearcat
When I went to Walmart today I was so surprised to see a bunch of .357, .38 SP+P, JHP's etc I bought a few boxes.

The only problem is I don't own a .357 yet. Since tomorrow is the S. Florida gun show I will be on the lookout for a new Ruger SP101 .357 w/3" barrel.

Wish me luck.

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
I've got a bunch of 44 Special bullets that I cast and reloaded--still don't have the gun yet.

Good luck on your hunt for that SP101.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Always remember if and when the SHTF, ammo will be the new currency.
At least that is what I have heard. :D :D

...Jimbo

Damageinc

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah, like to have ammo on hand and defintely have my eye out for a nice SP101.

smokehouse

Bearcat
I did the same thing, I have a box of .357, .38 special and one of .38 gold saber +P...looking for a 2.25" model myself...

The only store in my area that has one has it marked $610...I about laughed out loud when I saw the price...

The store I normally purchase from is supposed to have one here in a week or two (asking $459)...I'm going to be calling them once or twice a week, they'll hold one for me when they get it...

Good luck on your hunt...

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I lucked out on my 2 1/4" CT grip for $550. It hadn't been fired at all. Now, it needs to quit raining so I can go out to the farm and shoot.

Damageinc

Bearcat
No luck at the gun show today. I only saw 1 SP101 .357 w/3" barrel but it had CT grips for $649. I don't want the CT grips so I asked if they would sell it without them but they would not.

I was offered a good deal on a Micro Desert Eagle .380 brand new out the door for $431 but I had my heart set on the .357 so I didn't buy it.

maxpress

Buckeye
come to think of it i have a couple boxes of .45acp for a ruger convertable that i had on order that never came in. so i changed my mind and bought something else.
guess ill have to ge a .45

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Damageinc, I don't know about the standard grips, but I sure do like the feel of my CT grips. But, they sure do bring the price up, don't they?

Damageinc

Bearcat
CanonLyles":24clvwgb said:
Damageinc, I don't know about the standard grips, but I sure do like the feel of my CT grips. But, they sure do bring the price up, don't they?

Yes, thats the problem. I don't mind the laser and the grips feel nice but they kick up the price another $200 or so.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
hehe... by the time I actually had my first handgun I already had about 700 rds of ammo. :shock:

Caliber (.45ACP) was never in doubt. Just the make & model. :D

I also got some of those WWB .357. I'll be yanking those 110gr JHP & putting together some REAL magnums.

I don't worship at the alter of ultra velocity & it's not great for your gun, either.