boolet design usage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Yeah...I hoped he would stick around, but I got a PM for the deletion request so I honored it.

That way if he wants to come back he can use his old profile and info with no problems.

Jim Puke

Hunter
contender said:
So you are saying mbshop decided to leave us anyway?
CRAP!!!!!!!
A big +1 to I_Like_Pie for his post.
Folks we are better than this. It is a shame a new person asks a genuine question, and gets jumped on for his use of a term that is COMMON on another forum. A simple spelling difference. Sheesh!
Occasionally, I am ashamed by the actions of some members here, but I have never posted anything as direct as this. Heck, I've made mistakes, apologized for my errors, and never gotten upset at anybody for correcting me. I've offered advice to as many folks as I can, and try to make all new folks feel welcomed. I've offered advice & gotten corrected, and stepped up & admitted it.
I have seen many others here make a mistake, have an issue, and then step up & publically apologize. As such, I have felt this place was much better than about any other Forum out there. To see a new guy get "screamed" at for using a simple word that is accepted by 10's of thousands who visit castboolits.com is just plain WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Gun people need to all support & help each other. It's an OLD saying; "United we stand, divided we fall!" When gun owners fight amongst ourselves, the anti-gunners will win. We are better than this.

And, it is really a shame as Wil Terry knows as much about "boolits" as about anyone.

Just a personality disorder.

DGW1949

Hunter
Uncalled for, that's what it is.
If proper spelling was a requirement around here, I'd have been run-off years ago.
Boolits, boolets, bullets.....what the heck?.....we all knew what the guy was asking about, did we not?
Perty-dern embarassing if ya ask me. Perhaps there's a lesson here for next time.

Just sayin'.

DGW

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I'm sorry to see the gentleman decided not to stick around. There are plenty of folks here who are genuinely interested in helping, so thanks to I_Like_Pie for leaving him an open door to come back in should he choose. And, yeah, there will always be some who get themselves wrapped up too much in "proper" use of words. It seems to come w/ the territory.

But the latter seldom do much more than tick someone off: "boolit vs bullet?" Who here w/ a nickel's worth of loading experience does NOT recognize the former spelling as common usage among casters, perhaps as a way of indicating they're NOT talking about jacketed bullets? Maybe a more productive answer would be a question of its own, such as "Are you asking about cast or jacketed bullets?" or the one Weshoot2's asked in a number of ways over the years: "What do you want your ammo to do?"

And once the guy's got some ammo loaded up, who gives a rat's patootie whether he just loads the cylinder or sticks them in the individual chambers of his revolver, or loads 'em into a "magazine" or a "clip?" Yeah, one MAY be more correct, but no good comes of pedantry.

Some of you got my question in this thread: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=192689 And there were some really good answers from a variety of members. Maybe we should all read 'em again before the next new guy asks a question?

Wil, I've read your posts in other venues where you were quite helpful. I don't know a lot about you, except that your credentials in the loading world are pretty impressive. So I don't know if someone piddled in your corn flakes recently or what, but would ask you to reconsider before giving another "You stupid idiot!" type response. I know you CAN share a ton of useful knowledge, and hope you will do just that.

Thanks,

Rick C

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
Oh boy ...... What the hay ,on another gun builders forum a well published gun writer posts fairly regularly . I would say 90% of his posts are to correct other posters spelling errors. All that gun knowledge and experience seldom ends up as a post. Guess ya gotta by his books :wink:

foxtrapper said:
Oh boy ...... What the hay ,on another gun builders forum a well published gun writer posts fairly regularly . I would say 90% of his posts are to correct other posters spelling errors. All that gun knowledge and experience seldom ends up as a post. Guess ya gotta by his books :wink:

Yep . . . and I know who and where.

:wink:

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Agree the the comment wasn't the nicest but who has such thin skin that they have to ask to be removed from a forum over a spelling correction/chastise?

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
See how it works is this, newbie asks a question ,cranky expert dumps on newbie. Then regular nice guys stick up for newbie, cranky expert fans dump on the nice guys.cranky expert disappears for a length of time ,fans cry " come back Shane" thread slowly dies until...............the next time. Me I stay out of it :D

GasGuzzler

Hunter
It was more than a spelling correction. It was a BS post that was meaningless. WT doesn't correct spelling I hope....at least judging by most of his posts. JTNS for sure. foxtrapper speaks the truth.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
You all act like this is something new. WT has been posting such offensive drek for years.

Its too bad it took a new member leaving because of it to garner the attention it deserves.

Thank you I_Like_Pie for making a public statement in regards to this.

Latest posts