Bob Nelson, RIP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wa7ivy

Bearcat
I'm sorry to let ya'll know so late, but I had problems getting on the Forum.

My dad, Bob Nelson, of Morrison, TN, passed away on June 23rd, at the age of 81. My mom, not wanting him to go to the great Ruger gun show in the sky alone, passed away less than 57 hours later.

He was the most honorable man I've ever known, and I'm so proud to have been his daughter.
They are buried together, in New Hampshire.

Not sure what handle he used on the Forum, but I know he hasn't been active for a few years. But I know he would have wanted his friends to know.

Ivy Nelson-Groves
Renton, WA

Robb Barnes

Hunter
Ivy, thank your for letting us know. I am sorry for your double loss but I can understand your mother. After decades being with a spouse, sudden alone time would be very hard to take. My prayers are with you and your family.

Robb Barnes

wa7ivy

Bearcat
We didn't tell Mom that Dad had passed. She was in a nursing home, suffering from Alzheimer's. But within 5 minutes of Dad's passing, a nurse had to be called because she was upset and agitated. My sister and I figured that Dad had come to tell her that it was time to go. They said after that, she slept more peacefully than she had ever slept at that facility. She died the morning of Dad's memorial service in Tennessee (she had always said that she didn't want a service). The burial in NH was on 1 July, and they were together for the visitation.

They always did things together, in life, and apparently in death as well. It's so very sad and beautiful at the same time.

wa7ivy

Bearcat
Mom's name was Jan, for those of you who may have known her as well. She was 79.
In September, my folks would have been married for 59 years.

graygun

Hunter
Sorry for your double loss. Maybe his forum name is known to Flatgate or others and will be released.

May God comfort you.

dougader

Hunter
I'm sorry for your loss. It's just a touch romantic, though, this thing that happens when spouses go pretty much at the same time.

I see you are in Renton. I lived there until I was 5 and then lived in Kent until I left home at 19.

Our prayers are with you.

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
wa7ivy,

Thanks for sharing a sad, but loving, story. Fifty-nine years is an amazing testament to true love and devotion. I trust they are together and at peace. Prayers for you as you deal with the pain and loss.

Take Care,

Matt

Jim Puke

Hunter
Sorry for your loss...but it is rather touching, how they went.

Prayers for the family.

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Sorry for your loss. I've heard of husband and wives going about the same time. Doesn't happen to often. They must have really been in love.

jack

Single-Sixer
Wa7ivy. Sorry for your losses. Prayers sent for the rest of the family.
.... jack

Latest posts