Blued Redhawk "Hunter"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Yes, technically there is no such thing as a Redhawk "Hunter" but we all know what the name means.
Recently an acquaintance needed to liquidate some guns to free up some cash and one that I bought from him is a blue 7.5 inch Redhawk .44 Mag from 1999 in the original box with scope rings and paperwork. Near-mint. Does anyone here have a good estimate of the production numbers for this combination? Most of the ones I see are typically stainless. Should be picking it up next week from the FFL.

hittman

Staff member
I'd buy another 5.5 inch blued but never see them locally and I ain't paying pandemic / GunBroker prices. Heck, I'd consider about ANY caliber in blue. Just gravitate to the more odd ball stuff. And don't "need" one bad enough to pay top dollar prices.

My blued Redhawk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 62

Sirdutch

Bearcat
I also have a blued Redhawk 5 1/2" .44 magnum
I have a blued one in 44 mag at 7.5 in. I bought it about 8 years ago with a scope. I guess you can't find them for awhile now. Actually, I wanted a stainless one but I got this at a good price. I used to carry it when fishing in the woods but it is heavy. I figured to get a chest holster for it but never did as of yet anyway.

Attachments

• 20231017_103758.jpg
    20231017_103758.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 48
Back then, Ruger had an optional wide rib barrel which scope rings could be mounted. You could purchase and (had to) have Ruger factory fit it to your gun. Cost was $91.00 for the blued barrel, $104.50 for the stainless. The $15.00 for labor and $35 for the refinishing charge and then you had to buy the scope rings. The scope ring assembly (you needed 2 of course) was $40.60 (blue), $45.40 (stainless) each. This data was from the 12/95 Instruction manual.

I bought one from a customer looking to sell it (including the rings) to get something different and it's really nice.

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
I used to have a 5.5" blued Redhawk in 44 magnum.

Even though I sold it a long time ago, I still keep it as my avatar. I have other stainless Redhawks to shoot. Sweet, sweet revolvers.