Black SR9, Pictures and peening

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mekender

Single-Sixer
Mountaineer":21fbzfir said:
mekender:

I hope you keep the forum updated on the status of your SR9. Presumably, you'll have some resolution in fairly short order. Being interested in the SR9 myself, I've been following this thread carefully, and frankly, I don't know what to think. It seems that some have acquired pistols that function flawlessly, whereas others have not. I suppose it would be an acceptable risk to buy the SR9 if there were some degree of assurance that Ruger would have a ready fix for defects such as those you've experienced. I would, however, expect one trip back to Ruger to be sufficient to resolve any such defects. So I'm waiting. It is just unfortunate that you have to be the evaluator.

as i have stated before, i have never seen anyone have an issue where the gun didnt go bang when the trigger was pulled... mine has had 400rds without a single failure, but there has been some slight damage... i expect that ruger will fix the problem to my satisfaction, and that they will do so very quickly... right now i am just waiting on a shipping label to arrive... im guessing that i will get it tomorrow... heck, if you feel like driving down to central NC, ill even let ya shoot it :-D

mig1956

Bearcat
revhigh":1neb7yrg said:
Mountaineer":1neb7yrg said:
I suppose it would be an acceptable risk to buy the SR9 ...

In about a year maybe, once they get all the testing done in the marketplace.

hey revhigh.... I have money saved for a sr9 I am not waiting a year!!!!! I looked at one at a local gun shop on monday... feels very good in my med size hands. the question is .. do i feel lucky ?

Mountaineer

Bearcat
mekender:

Thank you for your kind offer, friend. Would that I could take you up on your offer. Coincidentally, I have family in the Monroe, NC area.

I hope you get your shipping label quickly and that you're able to post a favorable report of the corrective action. For your investment, you deserve to have a firearm that not only functions properly but one that is aesthetically pleasing as well. Ruger owes you that much, at least.

revhigh

Hawkeye
mig1956":3iepel5b said:
revhigh":3iepel5b said:
Mountaineer":3iepel5b said:
I suppose it would be an acceptable risk to buy the SR9 ...

In about a year maybe, once they get all the testing done in the marketplace.

hey revhigh.... I have money saved for a sr9 I am not waiting a year!!!!! I looked at one at a local gun shop on monday... feels very good in my med size hands. the question is .. do i feel lucky ?

Youse pays youse money, and youse takes youse chances .... good luck !!!!!!! I'll wait ...

Jerry W

Bearcat
Another hundred rounds through the SR9 today.

All I can say is, wow, how much better can this pistol get!

I'm sorry a few have had some problems with their SR9s, but mine just keeps getting better and better.

SmokeJumper

Bearcat
Blackhawk47":2lnnmfcq said:
SmokeJumper":2lnnmfcq said:
Blackhawk47":2lnnmfcq said:
It has been great working with Ruger on this problem, fast turn around no questions asked just great people to talk and work with.

Too bad they won't treat the folks who purchased the early release guns as well as they have you. The solution for those folks is to BUY the REDESIGNED parts ----- Yea, that's 'Customer Service' at it's finest.... :?

I cant see Ruger treating first model coustomers different from later model customers. Do you have a dog in this fight if so what kind of problems are you having with your SR9 that they wont fix?

Yep. Bought my son one. From day one it was near impossible to load FMJ ammo without scraping the daylights out of the round. Getting it loaded took a lot of patience.

I read others had the problem as well --- the initial solution appeared to be that Ruger sent new mags and mag catch to those who complained. Sounded fair to me --- until I called. Then the stories began.

I received a "new mag loader", which I call a "Hula-Ho ---- great loader, but it did zip for the prolem of damaged rounds. It just made it easier to cram the mag full.

I also received instructions on "filing the mag catch slot" with a small, fine, jewelers file. Sorry, but on a new gun I see no reason for a consumer to have to 'file anything" in order to make it function.

Then when I called Ruger again, I get the story that the mags will get better with break-in.... which is 25% true. The rep literallly hung up - even though I took great pains to be VERY CORDIAL, not shouting, no swearing, just being Joe-Nice-Guy.

Then they switched their policy and offered to SELL new mags and a re-designed mag catch. The early complainers got them at no cost --- the patient ones had to BUY the same parts. WHY should ANYONE have to BUY NEW PARTS FOR A NEW GUN --- SO THE GUN WILL FUNCTION AS IT SHOULD HAVE FROM DAY ONE?

Since I own several Rugers it's not a matter of not liking their products .... until now. I stuck with them on a P97 that threw the slide-lock across the room when the gun was being fired. It took forever for a solution on the problem --- and I dumped the gun. Then I foolishly took a shot at the 345, again I was taken on the 345 and I forgave the problem and gave the SR9 a try.

Now more issues and more Mickey Mouse fixes. I'm done with Ruger ---- especially now that the company has been sold. These new owners are out and out liars, cheats and out for only their own profit. I will tell the world as long as I can ....... no amount of reports on how good the gun is will change my mind becasue RUGER REFUSES TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE GUN I BOUGHT FOR MY SON. they may be 100 good-guy with other folks ........... but it matters not.

So, yes I do have a doggie in the hunt and he is PISSED. :x

Whirlwind06

Bearcat
The SR9 has fallen off of my radar. I was all hot to buy one but not now. I'm looking at the S&W M&P now. It has been out for a few years and they have worked out the bugs. Plus S&W customer service is top notch.

Then they switched their policy and offered to SELL new mags and a re-designed mag catch. The early complainers got them at no cost --- the patient ones had to BUY the same parts. WHY should ANYONE have to BUY NEW PARTS FOR A NEW GUN --- SO THE GUN WILL FUNCTION AS IT SHOULD HAVE FROM DAY ONE?

This does not bode well for the LCP. Kel-Tec may be a lot things but charging customers to fix a defective part is not one of them. The fact that I can call them up and get just about every part for my P11 except the slide barrel and frame for free says a lot about their CS. And why KT owners are so loyal to the company.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Whirlwind06":l5w1i4rk said:
This does not bode well for the LCP.

Of course it doesn't, and after the 345, it did not bode well for the SR9, yet people will line up like lemmings to buy one of these things, and proclaim it better than any gun that has ever been produced. And then the reports will start ... just like old times.

woodspirits

Bearcat
Quote by: Whirlwind06
The SR9 has fallen off of my radar. I was all hot to buy one but not now. I'm looking at the S&W M&P now. It has been out for a few years and they have worked out the bugs. Plus S&W customer service is top notch.

I bought a new M&P9 in August of '07 and the problems that I have had with it makes the SR9 problems presented on this forum look very minor by comparison. Dropped mags, wouldn't feed JHP's, poor finish and on and on.........I even lost a mag while carrying. It is a very nice pistol to shoot (when it is working) but it will be a long time before I will have enough confidence to depend upon it for carry. I even lost a mag while walking down a side-walk....very embarrassing to watch a loaded mag bouncing along in the gutter....called S&W and they sent me a new mag latch! The mag latch is a band-aid at best and does not help all the slop between the mag bodies and the mag well. Go to the M&P forum and find problems with the M&P's that include most problems that I ever could imagine a pistol having. Perhaps the SR9 will be as bad but I have no experience with it.

When I purchased the M&P9, my intention was to add an M&Pc within a month or so. After my initial experience, I ordered a Glock26 that has been flawless right from the box. Would I buy another M&P??....no way. Perhaps I just got a bad one but that is my honest experience with the M&P.....I did not either wish or "witch" it that way but that is the way it is.

SmokeJumper

Bearcat
desertrat":2cmhstag said:
DMZ":2cmhstag said:
Now more issues and more Mickey Mouse fixes. I'm done with Ruger ----

So this will be your last post here on this forum, right?

That's funny :lol: 'cause some approach this forum as if it were Ruger customer service.

Yea and others approach the forum as if it a place to advertise the SR9 as the perfect weapon.

So it's OK to priase it, but it's a no-no to make others aware that potential problems, which Ruger wants to fix by SELLING RE-DESIGNED PARTS. exist?

Nothing I have said is untrue. Others experienced the same issues. They voiced their disgust. Yet, those who appear to be reluctant to admit they were sold a defective weapon take issue with the TRUTH -- which is the early release guns ARE (they still exist in gun shops across the land) problems waiting to be discovered.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
Nothing wrong with bringing to the attention of others things that may be wrong with a particular firearm, but doing that and chronically complaining are two different things?

As a matter of fact that's one of the things that forums such as this one are good for, and that's to discuss things about particular firearms that most owners usually won't have an opportunity to dialogue about, but to perpetually trash something serves no useful purpose IMO.

SmokeJumper

Bearcat
desertrat":1vkqtf02 said:
Nothing wrong with bringing to the attention of others things that may be wrong with a particular firearm, but doing that and chronically complaining are two different things?

As a matter of fact that's one of the things that forums such as this one are good for, and that's to discuss things about particular firearms that most owners usually won't have an opportunity to dialogue about, but to perpetually trash something serves no useful purpose IMO.

OK............ I'll take the suggestion. I'll wait until I get a firm reply to my letters to Ruger before I bring up the issue again. If they resolve it --- I'll praise the heck out of them; if not, I'll scan and publish their reply if it is letter form.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
I appreciate your reasonable response SmokeJumper. I was hoping that I didn't come off as offensive about what I said and it appears that you took it the way it was meant. Thanks.

woodspirits

Bearcat
I think that Smokejumper may be on to a new retirement "hobby" that beats the hell out of shuffleboard. When you have too much time on your hands (or forget to take your medicine and feel especially agitated) you can go on over to your favorite gun forum and bash the company to your hearts content...you can even use the same complaint OVER and OVER.....and there are so many threads to post in.....ahhh, paradise!

Gee, I think that he was just over on a LCP thread (Ruger LCP!!!!!!!!!!!!!) bashing a Ruger pistol that hasn't even hit the streets yet. :evil:

revhigh

Hawkeye
woodspirits":2hmh6l7x said:
I think that Smokejumper may be on to a new retirement "hobby" that beats the hell out of shuffleboard. When you have too much time on your hands (or forget to take your medicine and feel especially agitated) you can go on over to your favorite gun forum and bash the company to your hearts content...you can even use the same complaint OVER and OVER.....and there are so many threads to post in.....ahhh, paradise!

Gee, I think that he was just over on a LCP thread (Ruger LCP!!!!!!!!!!!!!) bashing a Ruger pistol that hasn't even hit the streets yet. :evil:

deleted ...

woodspirits

Bearcat
revhigh wrote:
With all your experience here on the forum, your comments don't carry a whole lot of weight , which basically means you don't know what you're talking about with regard to Ruger's handling of problems.

revhigh, I am sorry that I didn't understand that experience on this forum dictates the value of the post. Perhaps you can straighten me out on this issue: is experience gauged by the total number of posts that a member has made? Is there a formula with number of posts correlated with credibility?

If you would be so kind, please post the formula for experience / credibility on this forum and I will print it for future reference......then I won't repeat the same mistakes and I may skip the posts from those who don't know what they are talking about. Many thanks. :D

PS: I noticed that you edited your above post; does that procedure also come with experience? Gee, I do have a lot to learn and am thankful that there are helpful members (like you) to help me gain experience.

Sixpak

Bearcat
woodspirits":1z2rnt5x said:
revhigh wrote:
With all your experience here on the forum, your comments don't carry a whole lot of weight , which basically means you don't know what you're talking about with regard to Ruger's handling of problems.

revhigh, I am sorry that I didn't understand that experience on this forum dictates the value of the post. Perhaps you can straighten me out on this issue: is experience gauged by the total number of posts that a member has made? Is there a formula with number of posts correlated with credibility?

If you would be so kind, please post the formula for experience / credibility on this forum and I will print it for future reference......then I won't repeat the same mistakes and I may skip the posts from those who don't know what they are talking about. Many thanks. :D

PS: I noticed that you edited your above post; does that procedure also come with experience? Gee, I do have a lot to learn and am thankful that
there are helpful members (like you) to help me gain experience.

Great job woodspirits ! You get an A+ for your post. If you read other posts this guy has made its the same over and over. Just pops in and runs his mouth with nothing valueable to help the forum at all. There is another almost identical to him that does the same thing, complains about the same things all the time. In fact the other is usually first to post then this guy closely follows. I think they call each other so they can both spread their sarcasm, cursing and negativity through out this and other forums. I have some of the same guns that they have. I know this from posts and or pictures. I can guaranteee you that if they purchased any of them brand new they had more problems than a few. Its a shame that with all their knowledge and wisdom they dont try to help others on the forum. They spend the majority of their time bashing or trying to turn people off instead of helping solve the problem. JMO.

Sixpak