Big, chunky P's...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer1

Single-Sixer
Yea, I don't think that you can beat those big and clunky "P's." My first Ruger was a P85 that I bought new in 1990. I still have it today, what a beast. It took me over 20 years to pick up another "P." I figured last year that since they were ending production of the all-metal P90, I had better pick one up. Again....what a beast, but what a beauty! I love my two "P's."

Dirty Bob

Bearcat
Got a bit of range time with the P95, with its new fiber optic front sight. I was out there with another shooter, so P95 trigger time was limited to 25 rounds, sometimes we have to take what we can get.

It was a bright, overcast day, and the front sight lit up like a bright LED. I had no issues with sight picture, and I can't wait to put some more practice in with such a fun pistol. I've been working on my first -- DA -- shot from the holster, and I'm impressed with the smoothness of the trigger pull. Not bad for a "service" autopistol!

Regards,
Dirty Bob

welder

Buckeye
I like the "P" guns. My recent acquisition of a 99% P94 9mm was most rewarding. I agree with all the attributes listed so far so I'll just say "ditto". BTW, my G19 has seen some reduced duty time thanks to the new Ruger.

Al James

Hunter
Another vote for the P guns!

I just picked up another KP95DPR15 after I foolishly sold the matching pair that I had to a father and son who feel in love with mine. I thought it would be cool for them to have a "set". I figured I would just buy another one in due time and then when I went to find a nice one I realized that the price has skyrocketed and they are quite hard to find.

But I found one on GB in NIB condition so I snatched it up. Has anyone else noticed the sharp price increase on the P guns as of late? They are quickly becoming not quite so affordable as they once were.

welder

Buckeye
Has anyone else noticed the sharp price increase on the P guns as of late? QUOTE

Yes. I have. That's why I bought a couple more P95's and the P94. I also laid in a good supply of new magazines for them. With the gun climate the way it is I expect to see fewer and fewer "deals" for a good while. I used to find P guns everywhere I went and tons of used ones. No more. Even the mags are not up for sale as much here on our forum like before. I was at Whittakers yesterday and the only P gun there besides the 345's was a P944. There were several SR's though. They are really in demand and If I find another one around I'll try to get it too. I've probably had 5 people ask me to sell one of my P95's this month at work.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
My P90 fits my hand like I designed it. It would be my, "If I could only have one gun." gun!

P90

Single-Sixer
BrittB said:
My P90 fits my hand like I designed it. It would be my, "If I could only have one gun." gun!
Do you have the Hogue Rubber Grip on it? I've tried different grips, but I haven't found anything equal to the Hogue Rubber Grip on mine.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I may try that in the future but as is, my P90 is really good. I know some people complain about them because of size or whatever but they don't own my gun and to me, my gun is perfect. I just need a better way to hide it on me.

boomer1

Single-Sixer
P90 said:
BrittB said:
Do you have the Hogue Rubber Grip on it? I've tried different grips, but I haven't found anything equal to the Hogue Rubber Grip on mine.

I agree, I have Hogue Rubber Grips on both of my P's. The Hogue grips just seems to mold to fit my hand.

Bammac

Bearcat
I've just got happier with the P95 the more time I have with it.
Makes me wish I had owned one while my eyes were still young.
So far it has been as reliable as my Combat Commander- which has never had a hiccup in the 30+ years I've owned it.

I think maybe after owning an AMT .22 BU, It was decided I had suffered enough, and I've had pretty good luck with firearm reliabilty since.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I have Hogue grips on all my metal frame P series pistols, they just seem to give them a perfect feel. With my P944 i can shoot 50% tighter groups with the Hogue grips. All of the P series pistols are solid and dependable pistols, but i think the P944 and P345 Are my favorites.