Big-Bore Revolvers - Book

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lee Martin

Hunter
I just received my copy of "Big Bore Revolvers" by Max Prasac. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. The layout is exceptional and his treatment of the topic is the most thorough and objective I've seen to date. I highly recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Bore-Revolvers-Max-Prasac/dp/1440228566/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344969288&sr=8-1&keywords=max+prasac

517t5QDGJML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not only is Max a close personal friend, he's a member here on the Ruger Forum. Let's congratulate him on getting this to publication.

ajw65

Bearcat
Congrads to MaxP, I ordered my copy and am anxiously waiting for its arrival the first part of Sept.

Rclark

Hunter
Ordered a copy....

Hopefully there will be a Ruger or two mentioned in the book other than those 'strange' revolvers shown on the front :D Hah!

MaxP

Buckeye
Rclark said:
Ordered a copy....

Hopefully there will be a Ruger or two mentioned in the book other than those 'strange' revolvers shown on the front :D Hah!

That was a pre-production cover and the revolver in the upper right corner is a Blackhawk -- and the back cover features a Ruger in .500 Maximum -- there is plenty of Ruger inside! :mrgreen:

Lee Martin

Hunter
MaxP said:
Rclark said:
Ordered a copy....

- there is plenty of Ruger inside! :mrgreen:

Plenty of other interesting makes as well. This book has the most accurate account of United Sporting Arms Sevilles & El Dorados.

ewayte

Bearcat
I have searched from cover to cover in this book, and I didn't find one picture of Elmer Keith... :(

Lee Martin

Hunter
ewayte said:
I have searched from cover to cover in this book, and I didn't find one picture of Elmer Keith... :(

How many times do we need to see the same photos of Elmer? I for one was glad to see profiles of other hunters. Namely ones that are still alive and dropping game.

MaxP

Buckeye
ewayte said:

I dedicated a quarter chapter to Elmer Keith. I only had so many slots for photos and decided that more gun pictures were warranted. No slight meant to Elmer.

ewayte

Bearcat
Max,

The sheer number and quality of the photographs in your book is overwhelming - great job!

Just ordered mine and really looking forward to reading it. Looks like one heck of a great book. I thumb through and look at pictures, wipe drool and then settle down to read. Thanks for a great book, Max. Hope it does really well for you.