Any CZ experience here? Good or bad?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
FED327":1hzxm7rq said:
Cheesewhiz":1hzxm7rq said:
I understand having a feel for something, but if someone offered me five P95's for any one of my CZ's, I wouldn't take that offer.

I would even take five CZ's for one of my P95s...5 for 1 is a good deal either way!!!

Hello , A P95 goes for 350 to 385 around here.

Your talking suggest retail , even then that's high, you did say you work in the gun business?? Lets talk REAL numbers= My local dealer has a CZ75b for $509 + tax.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/cz-handguns/

CZ-PO1 for 459.00 to your FFL dealer "Sale"
CZ75b for 530.00 to your FFL dealer [I can get it cheaper ]

If I had to go to war and shoot beyond 50ft. , a P95 would be on the lower end of the list! Ruger made a lot of great gun when the old man was alive. THING DO CHANGE IN TIME .....

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
FED327":1jyjdohm said:
Cheesewhiz":1jyjdohm said:
I understand having a feel for something, but if someone offered me five P95's for any one of my CZ's, I wouldn't take that offer.

I would even take five CZ's for one of my P95s...5 for 1 is a good deal either way!!!

The OP stated he was looking for an all metal gun, that the P95 is not. I, like many will never buy a hammer fired plastic gun. Enlighten me on when the P95 passed the same NATO standard test for a combat gun like the CZ P-01 has. Do you even know what that test entails? Some of the best guns ever made can't pass it but the CZ P-01 did, answer that.

piratedude

Single-Sixer
What's wrong with a hammer fired polymer gun?

Seems to work fine for a lot of manufacturers such as H&K and F&N and yes CZ. There is no reason that a polymer gun would fail just because it has a hammer.

Also CZ switched to polymer for the CZ-SPO1. I plan to pick up a CZ SP01, which is polymer. I doubt that I'll buy a Ruger P95, although I wouldn't mind having one, although I'd hate buying the requisite 12 mags for it (I always buy 12 mags for every handgun I own and 20 mags for each rifle.... I'm one of THOSE people).

FED327

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz":3am4q47l said:
FED327":3am4q47l said:
Cheesewhiz":3am4q47l said:

The OP stated he was looking for an all metal gun, that the P95 is not. I, like many will never buy a hammer fired plastic gun. Enlighten me on when the P95 passed the same NATO standard test for a combat gun like the CZ P-01 has. Do you even know what that test entails? Some of the best guns ever made can't pass it but the CZ P-01 did, answer that.

Yes, even someone as uninformed as I have read what the test entailed...A test that for the most part, is a moot point. And, so now you can answer this. Why does the Czech Special Forces not use the "GREAT P-01"? They in fact, use a Glock 17.

It did not register in my mind that the OP was looking for an all metal gun. In staying with the kool-aid I had for dinner, my choice for a metal gun would be the P93DC! Like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.....

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
piratedude":1shv7m3z said:
Also CZ switched to polymer for the CZ-SPO1. I plan to pick up a CZ SP01, which is polymer.
I own three SP-01's and not one of them is polymer, you are referring to the Phantom, it is polymer and hammer fired and I will not buy one but thank God they still make the real SP-01's.

piratedude

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz":1akdzx20 said:
I own three SP-01's and not one of them is polymer, you are referring to the Phantom, it is polmyer and hammer fired and I will not buy one but thank God they still make the real SP-01's.

Ok well whats your problem with polymer? I've shot thousands of rounds in polymer guns and never had a problem. The H&Ks have been on the market for over 20 years....

If the Phantom doesn't work then it's CZ's fault. It has nothing to do with hammers and polymer.

For myself, I only buy polymer autos. I work in a very cold environment and grabbing a piece of metal doesn't work for me.

FED327

Bearcat
3leggeddog":3ajgmuqy said:
FED327":3ajgmuqy said:
Cheesewhiz":3ajgmuqy said:

Your talking suggest retail , even then that's high, you did say you work in the gun business?? Lets talk REAL numbers= My local dealer has a CZ75b for $509 + tax.

If I had to go to war and shoot beyond 50ft. , a P95 would be on the lower end of the list! Ruger made a lot of great gun when the old man was alive. THING DO CHANGE IN TIME .....

Maybe a Stainless P95 goes for that, but not a blue one, as I stated.

Dealer price for a blue P95, that is the price a dealer pays the distributor, is $257.95 and they sell for $299-$319. Dealer price for a CZ P-01 is $539. Both of those prices come from Ellett Bros Distributor...The CZ75B is a lot cheaper than a P-01

If I'm going to war again, and I'm shooting more than 10-15 yards, then I want a rifle, not a handgun...handguns are for clearing a room in a house, a rifle is for clearing the street or yard next door.

And name one country that their military uses a CZ75B as their ISSUE ARM.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
FED327":1z4rifpc said:
Yes, even someone as uninformed as I have read what the test entailed...A test that for the most part, is a moot point. And, so now you can answer this. Why does the Czech Special Forces not use the "GREAT P-01"? They in fact, use a Glock 17.

It did not register in my mind that the OP was looking for an all metal gun. In staying with the kool-aid I had for dinner, my choice for a metal gun would be the P93DC! Like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.....

You mean the P93 that Ruger no longer makes, is that the one.

My reason for not ever buying a hammer fired plastico is based on my taste, I will not buy one and I think they "shoot cheap", a striker fired polymer gun makes more sense....and I don't love those a heck of a lot more.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
FED327":478hy9zk said:
I do not suffer from lack of firearms knowledge as I spent most of my life in firearms related fields as well as retail sales and gun shop owner. I would take a new P95 out of the box, load it and carry it into harms way without the first round being testfired first.

I don't do flames. Disagreement can be a good thing if/when it shows different viewpoints which can be used as a learning experience. I think your answer was pretty decent. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant; I enjoyed reading it.
It appears as though you don't lack experience in the field. I have many yrs of FFL experience and have also been playing this handgun game for a long, long time.
One disagreement that I have: I wouldn't take ANY new gun out of the box and go into battle with it...untested, even a Glock 17. (And the Glock 26 is my only IWB semi at this point.)

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Jeff Cooper called the CZ 75 the best SA/DA semi auto design ever.
About five other companies make a CZ copy, licensed or otherwise, how many companies are making P95's?

FED327

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz":2zq6v6wt said:
FED327":2zq6v6wt said:
You mean the P93 that Ruger no longer makes, is that the one.

My reason for not ever buying a hammer fired plastico is based on my taste, I will not buy one and I think they "shoot cheap", a striker fired polymer gun makes more sense....and I don't love those a heck of a lot more.

Yes, I understand they don't still make it. However, it is still a metal gun, the same size as a P95 & can still be found NIB from time to time.

My #1 choice for a metal pistol would now, and always be a Browning/FN High Power. #2 would be a Sig P210

I'm not a fan of plastic guns in general, but given the service I get from the P95 and given the price to value ratio, it is for sure one of the very best buys in the handgun market, it's durability and reliability are as good as the best on the market.

And don't forget, Ruger has some history of it's handguns being issued to the US Military...NCIS (Navy Criminal Investigation Service) issued the 2 3/4" Speed Six and the Army issued the 4" Service Six and they train with the MKII Government 22, and of course they purchased 5000 KP95s a few years back along with some Sigs.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
FED327":3ivy2l53 said:
3leggeddog":3ivy2l53 said:
FED327":3ivy2l53 said:
Cheesewhiz":3ivy2l53 said:

Maybe a Stainless P95 goes for that, but not a blue one, as I stated.

Dealer price for a blue P95, that is the price a dealer pays the distributor, is $257.95 and they sell for $299-$319. Dealer price for a CZ P-01 is $539. Both of those prices come from Ellett Bros Distributor...The CZ75B is a lot cheaper than a P-01

If I'm going to war again, and I'm shooting more than 10-15 yards, then I want a rifle, not a handgun...handguns are for clearing a room in a house, a rifle is for clearing the street or yard next door.

And name one country that their military uses a CZ75B as their ISSUE ARM.[/quot

I believe that the CZ are being used in Europe ,maybe not the 75b. The Czechs use them in their national police, But I never read of any where that a Ruger p95 was even use by any Le department in the USA.

Also , I do hope your rifle never fails you :lol: The other guy may not play by your rules!

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
BTW, I was wrong, there are eight companies that make copies of the CZ75 and it is issued in those various configurations to more armed forces and police than any pistol in the world.

FED327

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz":3gia7vwg said:
The OP stated he was looking for an all metal gun, that the P95 is not. I, like many will never buy a hammer fired plastic gun.

Actually, I went back and read the 1st post, and what he said was that he was looking for a pistol with a hammer...metal was not anywhere in the post...

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
FED327":2aq79uc2 said:
Cheesewhiz":2aq79uc2 said:
The OP stated he was looking for an all metal gun, that the P95 is not. I, like many will never buy a hammer fired plastic gun.

Actually, I went back and read the 1st post, and what he said was that he was looking for a pistol with a hammer...metal was not anywhere in the post...

I agree with that but the OP was about a CZ P-01 and that is an all metal gun and it is NOT a P95.

FED327

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz":201zhd41 said:
FED327":201zhd41 said:
Cheesewhiz":201zhd41 said:

I agree with that but the OP was about a CZ P-01 and that is an all metal gun and it is NOT a P95.

Just goes to show while you may be "always ready", your not always right. And even if I was, in your opinion, like a broken clock, I would still be right twice a day!

And, it's been fun bantering with you!

welder

Buckeye
To the Op: My son owned a SP-01. We fired several thousand rds through it, without any problem what so ever. I have one on my wish list as well. If you read up on the testing it went through, it is most impressive. Quite accurate as well.

2ndamd

Bearcat
Thanks for all the responses!

I have tried so many guns it is scary.
Polymer guns have lost their fancy with me, Px4, FNP, Glocks (too many to list), M&Ps, P-95s, and I must admit I am still in search of something different. I think I like metal frames with a hammer.

All the guns listed are good guns but, I am in search of something that fits me. I think I will try these P-01's. Thanks for the link to topgun supply. Looks like a good price. :)

I wish I could find a NIB P-93 dc. That would be a great gun to have.

I just think revolvers have spoiled me with the way they shoot (accuracy).

Thanks again for all of the responses.