Any CZ experience here? Good or bad?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

goredsox

Bearcat
Now even as a sometime ruger fanboi I can't let this one slide. The only things equal between the P95 and CZ P01 are caliber, firing mechanism and rumors of reliability. However, from an engineering point of view, they're vastly different.

Many folks seem to discount the importance of the frame in a handgun. Comparing Dow Isoplast to a high grade aluminum alloy is a sin...I'm pretty sure Moses brought that one down too :) And the primary basis of the accuracy and "pointability" (not a word but all shooters know what I mean) advantage of the CZ, comes from that hardened aluminum alloy frame. Now, if you want to take a step back in time and instead compare my beloved KP89D to the CZ P01...then I'd at least let you talk. In fact, by a slimmer margin I'd prob still give the pointability and accuracy nod to the P01...however, for me the P89 has always fit my large frame hands better and I dare not discount the many thousands of rounds of junk that I've put through my Ruger without a single malfunction. Even with professional exposure and training with firearms, I've always been overwhelmed by the steadfast performance of my $325 adopted child from Ruger. So even with the pointing/accuracy nod to CZ...a single malfunction 5k rounds into it's life would send me running back to Ruger. While I don't own a P95, my best friend of the past 23yrs does, and nearly every round he's fired with that 13 y/o P95 has been alongside me and my P89, and I've never been able to say "ha ha, your's busted and mine didn't"... so the Ruger reliability DNA is obviously shared in both.

NucSub

Bearcat
Fell for the PO-1 the first time I picked it up. For my hand etc, fit and balance were perfect. Carry, never a glitch, accurate...
Great value for the money.

revhigh

Hawkeye
FED327":3f5dqfkg said:
And, so now you can answer this. Why does the Czech Special Forces not use the "GREAT P-01"? They in fact, use a Glock 17...

I'd guess they got a deal from Glock ... Glock has always been known to virtually give their guns away to LE and Military forces, as well as sweet armorer's deals (read free) classes, and trade in values that virtually guarantee no loss of capital.

From a business standpoint, pretty smart theory.

I have a few Glocks and like them OK, but they don't compare to CZ's in accuracy, and ergonomics.

REV

leejack

Single-Sixer
rugerfan100":37pnhlm0 said:
lol...I think some of you folks might be on the wrong forum??

:lol: I made that point once, and got hammered for making it! :lol:

The CZ and Glock lovers have taken over the place! :lol: All kidding aside, CZ over Glock any day of the week!

My humble collection of Rugers and Smiths don't get any respect. :lol:
Rodney-Dangerfield-cc01.jpg

Lee

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":si84mc8g said:
Jeff Cooper called the CZ 75 the best SA/DA semi auto design ever.
About five other companies make a CZ copy, licensed or otherwise, how many companies are making P95's?

I'd say that the 75 is the main and most prestigious platform for 9MM, the same way that the 1911 is the main and most prestigious platform for the 45ACP.

There are many 9MM platforms, but none compare to the 75.

Buy a metal CZ.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
2ndamd":f5jidwhh said:
I just think revolvers have spoiled me with the way they shoot (accuracy).

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised ! The only autos I've ever seen that shoot better (more accurately) than CZ75's are worked 1911's and maybe some Sigs (like the P226) by a very very slight margin. I've never seen one person shoot a 75B that didn't shoot it better than other 9's that they'd shot. Even Ruger diehards here on the forum that tried or bought one have said that there simply is no comparison to most other 9's.

REV

leejack

Single-Sixer
revhigh":4i2lgy9r said:
The only autos I've ever seen that shoot better (more accurately) than CZ75's are worked 1911's
REV

How bout a REV'ed up Springer GI. :D Now we're talkin baby! :wink:

Lee

revhigh

Hawkeye
leejack":2zzhdsab said:
revhigh":2zzhdsab said:
The only autos I've ever seen that shoot better (more accurately) than CZ75's are worked 1911's
REV

How bout a REV'ed up Springer GI. :D Now we're talkin baby! :wink:

Lee

Yeah, Lee, that would be a lightly worked 1911 ! :D

And stop trying to butter me up ... my Springfield is NOT FOR SALE !! LOL.

REV

leejack

Single-Sixer
REV, ya think my girl's college would let me slide for a semester, so I can get one? :shock: :lol:

Lee

revhigh

Hawkeye
leejack":cs3pr0o9 said:
Come on rev, I just want to hold it a little while! :lol:

Lee

You can hold it as long as you want, and shoot it as much as you'd like, but you just can't take it home !

College schmollege ... think 1911 ! Find a nice used one for $400 or so, then spruce it up a little. :D

REV

Latest posts