Any CZ experience here? Good or bad?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2ndamd

Bearcat
I have decided that I like a gun with a hammer. I don't know why. I like 2nd strike capability, and the hammer provides a measure of control. Maybe I am just a control freak?

I really like compact pistols for CCW reasons.
I am looking at the CZ P-01. Everything I am reading is very positive. Are there any negatives you have encountered with this brand?

I think this is the best forum on the net. All the members here, are very forthright and helpful - Thank you!

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I love CZs, even the clones. ;)

The P01 has caught my eye several times, but I'm well stocked on that particular type of gun (weakness for Sigs).

My only complaint is that CZ used to be inexpensive, and due to the value of the dollar they're not quite as cheap as they used to be. Still a great value, imo.

They're .22 LR rifles are second to none for the price.

-- Sam

aaronrb204

Bearcat
Talk to Revhigh. He loves his. I love mine as well. The decocker pistols generally have worse triggers than the safety models.

If you are looking at the compact models then there are 4 basic ones to look at. There is the 75B compact which has a safety. There is the PCR which has a decocker and is alloy not steel. There are the P-01 and P-06 which are both decocker and in 9mm and .40sw respectively. I had a PCR and traded it for a standard compact. They all differ in terms of sights and mag brake and a couple other things.

With the decocker guns, they drop the hammer to the half-cock which is how it should be carried. With the safety model you can carry hammer back and safety on or with the safety off and the hammer thumbed down to the half-cock. The manual states that these are the options as opposed to my opinion.

railroader

Single-Sixer
It's just my opinion but CZs rock. :) I had a 75b which I shouldn't have sold but I have a 75sa that shoots like a laser if I do my part. The triggers can be a little creepy but that can can be smoothed and lightened up. Since you are looking at the P-01 this is probably the best price around. They also have factory mags for $29. http://www.topgunsupply.com/cz-75-compa ... s-9mm.html You can also buy a pistol from CZ custom and if you want extras like sights, hammers or triggers installed they can do the work before the gun ships. http://czcustom.com/ Mark

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I have quite a few CZ pistols, including a couple of P-01's, I like the P-01's a lot, probably the most accurate compact gun I have ever fired. It holds 14 rounds and mine have never had a hiccup. Really nice guns and I don't think the gun is over priced even now, it is one of the best compact 9mm's out there.
For a SA/DA pistol the trigger reset is pretty short and stays the same for each and every pull, I really can't say enough about this gun, it is a great one.

017.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":39kxcgw2 said:
Paging Revhigh....Revhigh to the blue courtesy phone please for some CZ love....

:wink:

Heading out for din din ... will check back later. It seems others are holding down the fort for now.

REV

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Picked up a CZ 2075 RAMI (9mm) as a carry gun for my wife last year. For a compact with a 3" barrel, it's fairly comfortable to shoot and has proven both reliable and accurate. I'll probably add a 75B or a P-01 at some point this year.

CBennett

Single-Sixer
They are great..a bit on the heavier side but I LIKE heavier guns it helps suck up the recoil!

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
FED327":2vrq38l1 said:
Ruger P95 is a better gun at half the price! And, it's made in the USA!!!

The normal price for a CZ75b is low $500 around my area. Thats a all metal gun, way more ACCURATE . The nice thing about belonging to a pistol club is I get to shoot many different makes! The P95 can not compair to a CZ or a Sig. I drink no ones cool-Aid :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
3leggeddog":1dg5hh4e said:
The P95 can not compare to a CZ or a Sig. I drink no ones cool-Aid :lol:

Careful 3LD, you sound like me now ... I'd put your Nomex suit on if I were you !!! LOL. :D

To be honest, I think the P95 can compete in every category with the CZ's and Sigs except for target accuracy, which I place an extremely high priority on. The P95 is a great overall gun, but there are no Ruger semi's that I know of, except maybe the P90 and MK's that can compete with CZ's and Sigs for target accuracy.

That said, Rugers are sufficiently 'combat accurate' to meet most shooter's expectations, and generally very rugged, and in most cases, quite reliable. I wouldn't mind going to war with almost any Ruger semi (although I'd prefer a CZ75B for 9mm), but I wouldn't want to go to a match with ANY of them.

REV

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
The CZ75B is about as ergonomically perfect as you can get, at least for my hands. Not just control placement, but the hump in the backstrap makes it a particularly comfortable grip/hold/feel. I don't know if this feel carries over to the P01 (or SP01), but I'd like to check it out.

-- Sam

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Yosemite Sam":3hjpefie said:
The CZ75B is about as ergonomically perfect as you can get, at least for my hands. Not just control placement, but the hump in the backstrap makes it a particularly comfortable grip/hold/feel. I don't know if this feel carries over to the P01 (or SP01), but I'd like to check it out.

I'll warn ya , dont pick up a CZ Compact,you'lll have to buy it, or cry all the way home. That will be my next gun with the D-Cocker ...

-- Sam

FED327

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz":2813d8zc said:
FED327":2813d8zc said:
Ruger P95 is a better gun at half the price! And, it's made in the USA!!!

Really and you base that on...????

Well, I've owned and shot CZ's & Sigs, among many others, and I have put over 15,000 rounds through 2 Ruger P95s and have never had a failure of any kind with either one...I have shot every type of ammo through them from 88 gr submachinegun ammo to 158 gr subsonic ammo and everything in between including +P and +P+...Flawless performance. Accuracy is great for combat duty, which by the way, is the ONLY reason I own guns and I shoot for combat accuracy as I'm not a paper puncher...

In my area, a CZ P-01 retails for $600-$649 and a blue P95 retails for $299-$319...And the last time I looked at a map, AZ was still in the United States.

Nothing is wrong with the P-01, and in fact, it is the best of CZ's products, but, so what? Even the Czech Republic uses a Glock 17 for their Special Forces, not a CZ.

I do not suffer from lack of firearms knowledge as I spent most of my life in firearms related fields as well as retail sales and gun shop owner. I drink no ones kool-aid, but, I don't mind expressing an opinion based on my years of experience...Ruger is not a target gun, and if I wanted a target gun, I would buy a Sig P210 or a Korth Revolver!

And as I have said before, I would take a new P95 out of the box, load it and carry it into harms way without the first round being testfired first. I would not do that with a Sig (current production) or a Glock, or even a SR9 for that matter, but I would with most any Ruger P series, except for the 40 cals, which I consider a waste of a caliber anyway.

My nomex suit is buttoned up and so flame away!

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I understand having a feel for something, but if someone offered me five P95's for any one of my CZ's, I wouldn't take that offer.

FED327

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz":3tc1quei said:
I understand having a feel for something, but if someone offered me five P95's for any one of my CZ's, I wouldn't take that offer.

I would even take five CZ's for one of my P95s...5 for 1 is a good deal either way!!!