Another somber note.........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
We have received word that my wife's uncle, Mr. G W Nix, has been placed in hospice in Jonesboro, Arkansas. This is Nita's last aunt/uncle of that family.

GW (Not G. W.) is 97 years old, a verteran of the Anzio landings in WW II. They were supposed to cover open ground from the beach to a ridge line in a few hours. German fire kept them on the beach for three days while the Luftwaffe bombed and strafed the beach head and supply ships, and constant fire from German artillery.

As a side note, he was named George Washington Nix, Jr. at birth, but when in school he took so much ribbing, he had his name legally changed to G W.

Bob Wright

RugerHound

Hunter
97 is a pretty good run. I hope he's comfortable and not in any pain. Anzio was tough duty... (Masterpiece of understatement)

Here's wishing he just goes to sleep in comfort with loved ones present.

RugerHound said:
97 is a pretty good run. I hope he's comfortable and not in any pain. Anzio was tough duty... (Masterpiece of understatement)

Here's wishing he just goes to sleep in comfort with loved ones present.
I echo RH's sentiment. Mr Nix is a good man, and his service helped the world be a better place.
gramps

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

My words echo Pete's: 97's a real good run! Especially with what he went thru. A prayer comes from SoCal that his remaining days with us are pleasant and his passing peaceful when he's called home.

Rick C

olcop

Single-Sixer
The Greatest Generation is leaving us in ever increasing numbers.
Mr. Nix, I pray your final journey will be a peaceful one, and when you join your comrades in the largest regiment in the Army you will stand with all the other heroes who served when called, then returned home and built the finest country in the world.
Thank you for your service----God speed-----Well Done.
olcop