Am I the only one who likes Buck Knives?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boxhead

Blackhawk
Yep and have toured the factory twice as they are nearby. Today I ordered a knife for the son of the outfitter I have used a handful of times, Kansas and Texas. His son, maybe 10, is always there to help. His initials will be on the blade. I'll be hunting mule deer with them come September and give the knife off then.

Picked this one up at Tractor Supply. It's kinda nice.
20230912_091728.jpg

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Yep that is a nice one sharpblade. Looks sturdy enough. Plenty of Buck fans over on BladeFourm. Can't believe the price of some brands these days. Try to keep it under $100 myself. Guess I am still living back in the 60s-70s as prices these days are eye-opening! Gettin back into knives after decades is fun with all the choices but the different steels to choose from can be mind boggling.

JB in SC

Bearcat
There was a time in the 70's when a 110 was carried by most every hunter. They're considered heavy by today's standard for lightweight carry folders, but no telling how many millions of big game animals were dressed by a 110.

Yep that is a nice one sharpblade. Looks sturdy enough. Plenty of Buck fans over on BladeFourm. Can't believe the price of some brands these days. Try to keep it under $100 myself. Guess I am still living back in the 60s-70s as prices these days are eye-opening! Gettin back into knives after decades is fun with all the choices but the different steels to choose from can be mind boggling.
This one was 44.95.

RSIno1

Hunter
I'd offer that Buck is the GM or Ford of the knife world where you can buy the model you like then option it to your liking. You can buy a economy knife all the way up to a custom with exotic scales and blade material. A 110 can cost you $38 for plastic scales to $260 for an auto opening one with wood and brass. They even offered a pair this year for the Caddie/Lincoln buyers in the crowd. They were in their Legacy collection one was $340 and the titanium one for $500 is sold out.

Swampbilly_2

Single-Sixer
My older brother's first hunting knife was a Buck 119, during the late 1960's.
I have a Buck 102 I use as a "Bird & Trout" knife. Also have a Buck 119 and a Frontiersman 124.
Manufacture of the Frontiersman was suspended for a number of years, then brought back through the Custom shop whereby I acquired one soon after.

wproct

Single-Sixer
A lot of years ago, 1969-1973, I worked in retail sales for a fairly large franchise hardware store that dealt heavily in guns and sporting goods, and we sold Buck knives. They were perfect for a Christmas gift, birthday gift, etc. and it was fun selling them. However, I never owned one myself during that time as money was tight. Many years later after my kids were grown and money wasn't quite as tight I bought a few, all folding knives. I really am not a serious knife collector, just bought a few. I like buying made in USA knives and I like the Buck knife company and reputation. Mine aren't expensive knives, have two Vantage Pro folding knives, 340 and 347, and also a Alpha Dorado.

Latest posts