Chinese knives

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
I'd bet every one of us that hates the Chinese and hates the thought of ultimately buying our own demise is sitting somewhere, SURROUNDED by Chinese crap (cheap OR expensive Chinese crap!)
The difference is, we hate it, that's all…

I noted that the majority of the 'bragging rights' knives in the pictures on this post don't seem to show signs of wear or use. o_O
Too true. But sometimes folks do have a knife that is just for show. I have one a Randall Vietnam era style survival knife.

I wanted one when I went overseas but they just weren't obtainable. I made due with an issue knife.

But many years later I found an unused one. So I bought knowing full well I'd likely never use it.

The rest of my knives, including several Randall's are all used.

When TSA went bonkers over knives on airlines, I bought several 'by the pound lots' of confiscated knives. Everything from good stuff to convenience store junk. Most of the junk has been broken, given away or tossed in the trash leaving a big assortment of mostly OK smaller folding knives. Use 'em, lose 'em, break 'em but don't cry about it.

I noted that the majority of the 'bragging rights' knives in the pictures on this post don't seem to show signs of wear or use. o_O
Funny thing about that. I have 2 Chinese knives. One is a full tang Case knock-off and the other is a small folder. I have had the Case knock-off ( No fake label, it's just almost identical to an actual Case that I own.) for 10 years and it looks almost new. The steel is actually too hard, in that it's a helluva process to sharpen. However, it holds an edge forever so I don't need to sharpen it too often, so minimal wear. The folder is a Wilcor. Though an American company, the small print says the knives are made FOR Wilcor to their specs. Chinese made. I don't know what Wilcor's specs are, but this is also a tough little knife- and I rarely deal with folders ( Even the best are dependent on that single little pin).

That being said, almost all my knives are Case, with my EDC being a 1968 Case M3F bird and fish knife,

Latest posts