Al Mar knives

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
Does anyone like Al Mar knives.

The old ones were really nice, the current stuff just has his name on them.

I have one I bought to carry on my wedding day with my tuxedo. Its one of very few modern knives I own. Its a very nice knife.
DFFE5AAA-B730-4245-AD71-B2E1E0B51D2E.jpeg

After Al died (1992), his widow sold the business, but production stayed in Japan, when the business sold again (2019) production moved to China and quality dropped off.

This is the short story, the point is that the Japanese made Al Mar knives are much more sought after and valuable than the Chinese ones.

Last edited:

Ranger

Single-Sixer
I have an older folder. Nice knife. Very sharp and pointy. Modern day equivalent is a
The fact is my edc now. Not the best choice for many things but it works.

I have an older folder. Nice knife. Very sharp and pointy. Modern day equivalent is a
The fact is my edc now. Not the best choice for many things but it works.
And that's a fact.
20230509_083218.jpg

Dummy

Bearcat
Yep a rigid. Roadrunner I think. A nephew found my cedar box w/a few of my favorites. He proceeded to throw the sheaths on the tile floor as targets. It curled the tip and cut a sheath a buddy made for it. The guy who did the leather and I went to a huge knife place called House of Blades. Rows and rows of glass display cases. Walking at a slow pace, focusing so not to miss anything I barely noticed the cougar mount on top of the glass at the end of the row....
I heard footsteps and b4 I could turn the mount yawned at me. It was the owner, looking at my reaction...he said 'she's old, I bring her to work everyday' Put a sign up. Don't know why, maybe the many hours I've spent in the woods but I've had several close encounters w/lions. That might be a good discussion. Cougar run-ins.

Attachments

• AM.jpg
    AM.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: