Advice appreciated

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rmc25

Single-Sixer
I have the following Rugers that I must sell.

GetInline.jpg

Should I sell them all separately, all 4 together, or the 357s and 44s as sequential pairs?

rmc

6gun

Hunter
To real hard core collectors the sequential pair thing is a big deal, to us average guys looking for a shooter we couldn't care less, if I were selling them I would put them up as sequential pairs to see what happens, if they don't sell right way then split them up and sell separate.

Modernhoglegs

Bearcat
Have a look at the Arms & Armor section of HA.com.
I work for Heritage, and we get decent prices for Rugers.
You can register for an account and see what prices have come from the auctions.
If you want to talk to someone about consigning, send me a PM and I'll connect you.

Justice B. Swift

Single-Sixer
Interesting note here: Based on serial numbers on Ruger's web page, looks like the .357s were made in '05 and the .44s were made in '06. Seems odd given the matched number set. Anyone have different info? Did I miss something? Hate to admit it, but somebody needs to purchase all 4 and keep them together. Nice set!

hittman

Staff member
Justice B. Swift said:
Based on serial numbers on Ruger's web page ........ Anyone have different info?

RENE is your friend. Ruger's site info is notorious for being ... umm .... less than accurate. RENE is the best source.

street

Hunter
Justice B. Swift said:
Interesting note here: Based on serial numbers on Ruger's web page, looks like the .357s were made in '05 and the .44s were made in '06. Seems odd given the matched number set. Anyone have different info? Did I miss something? Hate to admit it, but somebody needs to purchase all 4 and keep them together. Nice set!
The .357 were 50th anniversary guns so they would be made in 2005, 50 years from 1955 when they first came out.
The .44 Mag. guns are 50th anniversary guns so they would be made in 2006, 50 years from 1956 when they first came out. Yes it is lucky to get that set as they didn't come out the same year. Plus you have to know someone that has a pull with a distributor in order to get a consecutive pair, and do the same thing the next year with the same serial number. That set is hard too do!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Notice too that they have different prefix on their serial numbers.