A Very Interesting Development. Long thread warning

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bucks Owin

Hunter
The 6.5 and 7.5 hold my interest but guess I'll see if it ever shows up locally. I'm not much into non availability AND hazmat fees at Grafs...

Anyway, starting to see quite a few flavors starting to show up in the LGS lately. Bought some 5744 (albeit $35 lb) the other week and there were a couple favorites like HS6 and SC 4831 on the shelf at $29. Some VV as well...Primers galore. Dittos shotshells.

Seems only the 22 rimfire drought continues, courtesy of the damn hoarders... :roll:

dougader

Hunter
Thanks for the info.

If a good powder comes out, I tend to buy it early on before the demand goes up (along with the price!)

I started using VV powders in 1990. Now the price is steep. When the Accurate powders first came out, imported from Israel at that time, I tried them because they were priced really well (read: cheap). Now they are usually priced more than Winchester, Hodgdon and Alliant.

I'd like to get more of the Ramshot line but those powders are perpetually out of stock. I've known that Silhouette is the same as the discontinued Winchester powder, WAP, for quite some time but never see it available. I still have some 4# bottles of VV3n37 but when that's gone I'd really like the WAP for my 9x19 luger, and 9x23 Winchester.

dougader

Hunter
Boge Quinn (brother of Jeff Quinn of Gun Blast fame) has written good things about True Blue before; meters like water, clean burning, good velocity and ES/SD numbers. What's not to like? So many powders, so little time.

dougader

Hunter
My 25 year old F1 Chrony gave up the ghost today. Not shot, no external damage that I can see, new battery... but it started giving crazy readings, and then no readings at all.

I love single digit SD's!

Latest posts