9 and done

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
Man oh man, this took twice as long as I thought it would to get this little set of single sixes completed. The older I get the less patience I have waiting on things. The last gun went around the US twice before arriving and the GF and grips were stuck in St Louis for a few days. I commented in a post a while back about how bad the USPS and UPS were with shipments arriving on time. My comment was, golly fellows I've never had any issues, you guys put the Vudu karma on me. Anyway I'm all better now.

History of the 9 Single Sixes, all are form Distributor exclusive runs with manufacturing numbers that vary from five hundred to a thousand or more.

The case color set Plowhandle and Birdhead are from BNV 224 & 5-SI the Bisley is from a Cabelas 50th Anniversary NR-5FL-CAB. All three are 22LR only. The Plowhandle and Birdhead barrels were cut down to 3 & ¾ inch the Bisley Cabelas was left as is a 5 & ½ inch barrel.

The stainless set Plowhandle and Birdhead are from GKBR 5 & 6F the Bisley is from a KRB-24-FW built as a Bisley fixed sight model. The Plowhandle and Birdhead are convertibles, the Bisley is 22lr only. The Plowhandle and Birdhead barrels were cut down to 3 & ¾ inch the Bisley was left as is a 4 & 5/8 inch barrel.

The black/blued set Plowhandle and Birdhead are from NR-4FL the Bisley is from a NR-4FL-50 Anniversary model. All three are convertibles. The Plowhandle and Birdhead barrels were cut down to 3 & ¾ inch the Bisley was left as is a 4 & ¾ inch.

Now it's on to waiting on the octogen big bore specials in the works.

BT 9 Black FullSizeR.jpg

BT 9 Case Color FullSizeR (015).jpg

BT 9 Single Sixes Stainless FullSizeR (015).jpg

BT 9 Cyl Box FullSizeR (002).jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'm glad they finally got done AND delivered!

A fine looking set of guns for sure!

And now the wait for the next projects! :D

(PS; As I age,, my patience lessens as well.)

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
Wow, you had a dream and made it come true! Hats off to you!

I know we don't have to shoot our guns to enjoy them, but do you have some custom ones to shoot too?
Jim I will have shortly, I have a couple of octogen barrel single action guns coming soon. They are special caliber center fire and I have a 5 gallon plastic bucket full to the rim of bullets. Me and Brother have a steel target and a double seated shooting bench set up in his back 40 just waiting. The guns were completed but the Gunsmith advised he couldn't get them to shoot well. Ordered new barrels from a different mfg and is fitting them now.

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
And what is the finish on those stainless revolvers? They look different than the regular stainless finish.
They took a very fine bead material and gave them blast until the finish I was looking for was produced. It wasn't long enough or hard enough to remove any material from the surfaces.

Last edited: