32 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bykerhd

Single-Sixer
Not sure how available .32 H & R Magnum is any more ?
You can shoot .32 short and .32 long in it. Neither cartridge is much of a performer, as I recall.
It is a pre .327 Magnum revolver.
Too bad it isn't that as that is a much more potent cartridge that you can also shoot the .32 H & R in as well as the lesser .32s.

Check Lost River Ammunition. He's a manufacturer out of Idaho. Has free shipping. He worked with Lipsey's for their reworking S&Ws 642 and 442. So they are upgrading it, the 38 Special and for the 32 I think it's 632 and 432, and they worked with him on the 32 H&R.
I've bought a fair amount of ammo from him and been very pleased. Getting ready to put an order together with him for after my shoulder surgery.

Is it like these or an adj. sight model.
If you reload it has lots of opportunities. But remember a 38/357 will do what a 32 does but a 32 will not do what a 38/357 does. ;)
1706938604214.png

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Buffalo Bore makes some nice hot .32 h&R too. Might be pricey for plinking, but good defense or small game hunting.

JBP

Single-Sixer
Not sure how available .32 H & R Magnum is any more ?
You can shoot .32 short and .32 long in it. Neither cartridge is much of a performer, as I recall.
It is a pre .327 Magnum revolver.
Too bad it isn't that as that is a much more potent cartridge that you can also shoot the .32 H & R in as well as the lesser .32s.
It's available but pricey. Cheapest I can find is 41 cents a round. For range work I shoot .32 short and longs.

JBP

Single-Sixer
Check Lost River Ammunition. He's a manufacturer out of Idaho. Has free shipping. He worked with Lipsey's for their reworking S&Ws 642 and 442. So they are upgrading it, the 38 Special and for the 32 I think it's 632 and 432, and they worked with him on the 32 H&R.
I've bought a fair amount of ammo from him and been very pleased. Getting ready to put an order together with him for after my shoulder surgery.
Thx for the tip. Have none in stock right now but I bookmarked it for future reference.

contender

Ruger Guru
Blue or stainless?
Standard grip frame, or shorter grip frame? (Like the ones pictured above by Jim.)
Color case mainframe?
Marked as a SSM?

When it comes to values,, the devil is in the details.

Ethang

Blackhawk
never liked the 32 mag. brass didnt last very long.
Interesting.. I LOVE 32 magnum and have been loading the same 100 Starline cases for years... haven't lost a single one. I have a stash of brand new, but with these still doing well I have not opened them. I likely have reloaded that first 100 cases 20-30 times now.

OP..the Single Six in 32 magnum is about the perfect woods walking pistol, unless you have bears in your woods. It really shines when you reload it, mild to wild it does it all. Top end loads are nipping at the heels of 327 mag, mid tier will put a wallop on any small game you want to shoot with it.

Early Federal brass was brittle and the necks were often found cracked after firing. We're talking 30 years ago and the issue with bad brass has been cured for a long time. As far as value goes your dealer seems to be spot on to me.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
If you're talking adjustable sights single six that's right at full value but the best package.

settup6

Bearcat
I picked this one up in September, they had another with custom grips for $750. I bought a grip frame from a guy on here and it looks slightly used is all, so deals can be found. Shortly after that I decided I couldn't pass up a 3" Sp101 32 H&R in excellent shape, paid $750 for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts