32. H /R mag .

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I see one. Coming up locally at an estate auction .. Listed as a bisley. Did They make them or is it a creation ?

32shooter

Blackhawk
They did make them A fixed sight version and an adjustable sighted one. Fun to shoot and cheap to reload. Here are the 32's I currently have, both are pictured in there somewhere.
Assembled all of my .32's for a family get together. I think I found all of them. You might say I have a thing for the .32's.
I know there are a few more on the forum that appreciate the .32's.
Starting at 12:00.
Ruger Baby Vaquero 32
Ruger Single Six 32
Ruger Blackhawk 327
Ruger Fixed Sight Bisley 32
Ruger Single Seven 327
Ruger Blackhawk 32/20 327 (reamed)
Ruger Singe Seven 327 (Converted to Bisley)
Ruger Adjustable Sights 32
Ruger SP101 327
Ruger SP101 327
Ruger Single Six 32
Taurus 32
Top - Marlin 1894 Cowboy 32
zCvwDWY.jpg

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I can't research this gun more than a small pic on the auction site for now . So no serial # . It does show the box and it is a yellow and back box . Anyone venture the time the frame for production ?

hittman

Staff member
The s/n could answer a lot of questions.
RENE indicates Ruger started making the 32s as a convertible in 1988.
My guess on the box is yellow and black cardboard if an earlier one, hard plastic box later.
Have you checked things like completed auctions on Gun Broker for price and box references?

EDIT:
Here's something I didnt know ….. per RENE looks like they made these as a Single Six 32 Mag starting in 1984 and as a lightweight Blackhawk too.

GunBroker shows many variations. Good luck to you!

Rclark

Hunter
I passed on a blued Bisley .32 H&R Mag up several years ago at a gun show.... Kick myself now. No box, but can't shoot the silly box anyway ;) . All mine get put in a soft case.

StevethePirate

Bearcat
32 Magnum is a great round. It would be great if there were more options (looking at you, 3" LCRx!) where 32mag / 327 mag was an option. Hopefully if the round sees more demand, we'll see more models available.

JBP

Single-Sixer
I see one. Coming up locally at an estate auction .. Listed as a bisley. Did They make them or is it a creation ?
Great round
Great round. Carry my SP101 on occasion. Have 3 H&R'S. Unless you reload ammo has become scarce and expensive. Save my good ammo for that. For range use 32S&W long.

StevethePirate

Bearcat
Can't see more demand happening until more ammo at way cheaper prices are available.
Sadly I think you're right. On the plus side, ammo prices are coming down in general, it seems. 32s are still a niche family of rounds, so it's pretty likely that ammo companies won't be in a rush to flood the market.

BisleyBuff

Bearcat
All 3 are 32H&R.

The middle is a Fixed Sight, Fluted Cylinder, the Fluted we're the early ones and limited.
Then came the Rollmark Cylinder, more common.

Top and Bottom are customized a tad.😳

51971092742_5c4d405057_c.jpg
How are they customized? Is that brass trigger guard or plated? Look great, I have the middle one and love it, but wonder if an adj. sight version would be more practical.

G2

Hunter
Thanks for the compliments, here are the details…

The 9.5" wears "one of the few" Brass Bisley Grip Frames that was from the John Linebaugh mold, "A" tree of frames that was cast by Karen & Milt Morrison owners of QPR. (~2008)
Brass cast OM Blackbird Medallions, myself.
Bisley hammer & trigger, and a steel ERH w/ Old Model dimpled ERB on the ER.

The 4.6 wears a QPR XR3-RED Brass Grip Frame, Bisley Hammer, Knife Blade Skinny Trigger, Rosewood Grips, Steel ERH w/ Old Model dimpled ERB on the ER.

6.5" is as it came from Ruger, one of my most favorite guns, and honestly I like that one just the way it is.

As you can see I have adjustable sighted guns, and really like the Old Model look of the fixed sight on this gun. I have developed a load that is spot on and that particular gun is very accurate.

Last edited:
Original yellow box indicates 1985 to 1992 gun.
6 1/2" barrel. 4 models made. two with adjustable sights and two with drift only rears.
If it has a factory 5 1/2" barrel you hit the lottery.
The Bisley guns go for quite the premium on Gunbroker.

Latest posts