32 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Star43

Blackhawk
Early Federal brass was brittle and the necks were often found cracked after firing. We're talking 30 years ago and the issue with bad brass has been cured for a long time. As far as value goes your dealer seems to be spot on to me.
Yes that happened but it was mainly in one lot time shipment way back when during the early production by Federal. And not all were bad. Since that singular time, all is well.

Star43

Blackhawk
Is it like these or an adj. sight model.
If you reload it has lots of opportunities. But remember a 38/357 will do what a 32 does but a 32 will not do what a 38/357 does. ;) View attachment 38949
Yes, I agree that the 32 H&R magnum is not near the 357 in power, but it is just as good or better than a 38 or 38+.......I have both and like both, but I love my Ruger single six, when they first came out in late 84 or so. Mine is an early 85. Love it. It

Star43

Blackhawk
Interesting.. I LOVE 32 magnum and have been loading the same 100 Starline cases for years... haven't lost a single one. I have a stash of brand new, but with these still doing well I have not opened them. I likely have reloaded that first 100 cases 20-30 times now.

OP..the Single Six in 32 magnum is about the perfect woods walking pistol, unless you have bears in your woods. It really shines when you reload it, mild to wild it does it all. Top end loads are nipping at the heels of 327 mag, mid tier will put a wallop on any small game you want to shoot with it.
I agree with everything you said. You nailed it right on. Especially your last paragraph about it being the perfect walking around the woods gun. The 32 mag can be loaded to close to 327, and the 327 is sure nothing to sneeze at. 😊

Cholo

Staff member
The 32 mag. is a handloaders dream! No sense shooting squib loads out of it. In a Ruger use 2400 powder, and you do not need a magnum primer! 😎

3manfan

Single-Sixer

Star43

Blackhawk

To me it depends on the buyer, the seller, and the gun....For me, and my own blued 1985 adjustable sights model, a guy could be in front of meet and have a whole bunch of $100 bills with him. My gun I bought new back then and still looks new. I don't care what the price is. I wouldn't sell it. 😊

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
I bought this one years ago, found it on Gunbroker, even though I wasn't specifically looking for a Vaquerito, I had to have it
Here it is with my 45 Vaquero top, 357 Vaquero and the Bearcat Shopkeeper below it.

Attachments

• IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 47

settup6

Bearcat
I bought this one years ago, found it on Gunbroker, even though I wasn't specifically looking for a Vaquerito, I had to have it
Here it is with my 45 Vaquero top, 357 Vaquero and the Bearcat Shopkeeper below it.
Beautiful collection, did you have the case hardening finish done, they did a really nice job?

Star43

Blackhawk
$400-900 that will cover about 95% of them,,, in 95% condition.
I think that is pretty much right on. Personally on a 95% plus early model around '85 type with adj- ustible sights, will be on that high price end no problem, and why, because you hardly come across them. I Have one of these, and to be honest, someone could offer me a thousand bucks, and I would pass.....because I love mine.

Latest posts