10 22 bottom screw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tstex

Bearcat
Dan,

I hope to end your suspense real soon - I would attempt this tonight if my tools were here, but they are at the ranch.

When the deed is done [thinking positively], I will post back. I am going to have a quick funeral for this screw one way or another.

Many thx,
tstex

tstex

Bearcat
Well, I am ending the suspense...I need to send this 10-22 into Rugar.

Can someone pls suggest the best [type of] place for get shipping materials to ship my .22? I have never shipped a gun before, but I was going to ship via UPS and insure it. If anyone has any good ideas on alternative shipping methods/materials or other, I am all ears. I am shipping from TX to Rugar NH.

Thank you very much guys for all your help and suggestions...sorry for dragging-out this thing.

Best regards,
tstex

tstex

Bearcat
Gentlemen,

I gave the 10 22 to a friend of mine that knows a gun-smith. He had to mill the head off, then heat it up because apparently loc-tite WAS used. After heated-up, he drilled into the remaining screw shaft and then removed the shaft. He crafted a "blued-screw" and it fits perfectly. Now I can consistently remove the stock to properly clean my rifle.

Well, I have appreciated all your help, and if someone else has the same problem in the future, hopefully this post can help them.

Many thanks,
tstex