What's Your Dream Ruger Revolver?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
The flattop .44 that I sold to Doc 44. It was an unfired flattop with matching box. I sold it to buy car parts :(

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Well I do have the FT BH .44 Spl.....

Next on the list would be a Midframe BH in 10mm / .40 S&W.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Fixed sights SP101 with 2.25" barrel and 6 or 7 shots in .327 with the Ruger logo wood inserts in the grips.
(don't know if the cylinder could handle 7 though, so 6 would still be great)

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Mine is a Ruger purchased new and did not have to send it back to Ruger the first month I owned it.

dougader

Hunter
Other than a full blown custom, I agree with Craig on the GP44 design that Bowen does on the SRH. But I'd like mine in 480 Ruger... or a new Ruger cartridge, the 50 or 500 Ruger (or to be safe from future infringement from anti-freedom thugs, the .495 Ruger, LOL).

I don't see why Ruger can't do this, or at least offer the Alaskan with a 4" to 5" barrel, and NOT that silly looking skinny barrel offered on the Toklat. Heck, why not a 4.80" barrel on the 480 Alaskan? 8)

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
rodfarva said:
The flattop .44 that I sold to Doc 44. It was an unfired flattop with matching box. I sold it to buy car parts :(

I guess no one can empathize with this...selling or trading a gun you later regretted?

cas6969

Buckeye
I believe the last time this thread came up I posted this photo. ;)

Seyfried13.tif.jpg

In high school I was reading G&A, looking at 500 Linebaughs. Like Ferraris in car magazines and Playboy playmates, I knew they were dreams I would never realize. :lol: lmao
I knew I would never own, never afford and never have a use for a 500 Linebaugh revolver, if I could even handle it.

Skip ahead a while... and I've owned one for close to 20 years now. Go figure. Strange how things work out. This year another dream Ruger was realized, a 5 shot 45 Colt.

I sure don't need a 475 Linebaugh... but then I didn't need the 45 Colt either. (or the 500 for that matter) But I'll use that as my answer, a custom 475.

cbb

Bearcat
I feel like Ruger needs to make more half lug, "Match Champion type" variants of the GP100. These would head back toward the Speed/Service series DA revolvers. Maybe some 3, 5 and 6 inch versions without the billboard lettering...

SargeMO

Single-Sixer
SGW Gunsmith said:
I really like the looks and feel of the Ruger Redhawk with the 4 - 4 ½ barrel length. But not the stainless steel variety. I sure wish they'd offer that revolver in blued steel and .45 Colt caliber. I can just see that revolver now, with Ivory grips, in a Kirkpatrick, lined, tan leather hip holster, with a 12 round cartridge belt, with loops and a nickel buckle. That would be "orgasmic".

What would you like as a "YOUR" dream Ruger?

You covered it for me brother. A nice set of sambars wouldn't hurt either.

RHstags-1.jpg

t-reg

Single-Sixer
9mm Single Six

With adjustable rear sight and fiber-optic front :D

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The .40 S&W is a sweet cartridge with lead bullets and mild charges but still packs a decent punch. I would love to see some wheelguns so chambered, either single or double action.

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
A blued birds head shopkeeper in 40SW.

But the other one I plan on building. A GP100 match champion with standard rubber Hogues, night sights, and a fde cerakote. Now if it was a seven or 8 round.....

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The GP-100 has a pretty big cylinder for a six shot .38/.357. I bet it wouldn't be hard at all to make one .40 S&W. I would prefer it over a .357 since I already load them for my Glock 22 and there is an endless supply of free range brass.

Whiterabbit

Bearcat
I have mine.

attachment.php

Dovetail front sight. 3.5" barrel that allows me to still pull the pin without removing the EJRH (second place would be the 4-5/8" length with standard EJRH length). All steel construction, no Aluminum or SS. Including the hammer, I like SBH hammers over bisleys. Birdshead gripframe. Case colored frame and rust blued everything else. All fixed sights, only 6 screws total on the revolver. I choose to maintain a gas ring on my revolvers.

Not sure on the best grip panels, but so far she has only had blond colored stocks. Perhaps I should try brunette. Maybe Albino. I'm open to suggestions on what to use with antiqued rust blue.

Pick whatever cartridge your imagination says it should be, and life is good.

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Old model BH in 45 colt with a really nice set of stag grips and a blue vaquero 357 convertible 5.5". Yep that ought to do it for me.

There are many, but every one is a single action! 22's 32's, 45's 480/475's, none over 6" and a couple under 4",,, ald man, old fashioned, and old styles,, I own several, and ain't seen many revolvers that will outshout em. OH YA! they would all have Ruger frames as well,,,,,,

Latest posts