What's Your Dream Ruger Revolver?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

D A Wood said:
I really like the looks and feel of the Ruger Redhawk with the 4 - 4 ½ barrel length. But not the stainless steel variety. I sure wish they'd offer that revolver in blued steel and .45 Colt caliber. I can just see that revolver now, with Ivory grips, in a Kirkpatrick, lined, tan leather hip holster, with a 12 round cartridge belt, with loops and a nickel buckle. That would be "orgasmic".

What would you like as a "YOUR" dream Ruger?

Same outfit but without the loops and with a six-round cartridge slide.

:mrgreen:

32magfan

Blackhawk
I will have to add one more on the stack for the Flattop in 327 / 32-20 convertible. We need this to go with the Henry's in 327 that were shipped in "late May". Oh wait, that was a dream.... Still waiting :roll:

32Magfan

bigbill

Single-Sixer
I have my first two holy grails of ruger revolvers a Redhawk in 357 mag, 41 mag both in stainless and 5 1/2" barrels.

Now my next list of wants is a 8 shot Redhawk 5 1/2" barrel in 357 mag.

MaxP

Buckeye
Bear Paw Jack said:
ceadermtnboy said:
They just release mine. The 480 Ruger SB Bisley with 4-5/8 tube. Been waiting on this , and I am a happy Ruger Maniac!

I've never had a custom, and I'm sure my idea changes every few months but I'm good with this one at this point. Just sent off the money for one.

And that is a good one! Eager to hear how you like it when you get it!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Stainless Redhawk, .357 Mag, 8-shot cylinder cut for moon clips with a 5" barrel. Would be a great steel challenge or falling plate gun. Just like the current 2-3/4" model but with a useful barrel length.

REP1954

Blackhawk
I have mine, a 44 SPL New Model Blackhawk 4 5/8" barrel with a Power Customs hammer and trigger installed also a free spin pawi. Hand loading I don't know what I would do with anything more and I like the grip frame.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I have a few! A blued GP-100 Match champion in 6 shot .41 Special, 10 shot 22 LR, or 6 shot 10mm. Add a 4.2" or 5.5 " 8 shot 357 blued Redhawk. And yes, I have had my meds today. Bob!! 8)

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
Well, I must admit that I am currently sporting a chubby for the 6 1/2" Bisley .480. I have no practical use for it, I don't have ammo for it, I don't reload and it makes absolutely ZERO sense for me to get one. But DAMN I WANT ONE.

If you mean what do we want that they don't make, I'd like a Bisley Flattop in 10mm/.40 S&W convertible. Around a 5" barrel would suit me.

Don Lovel

Hunter
My 7 1/2" barreled 45 Colt Bisley model has 9 one shot kills on big whitetail deer, pretty hard to beat it for a woods hunting revolver, I carried it Elk hunting last fall and knew I could take shots out to 150yds no problem with it and hold good groups with heavy recoiling ammo.
So I recon what I would like in addition to it would be a 5 1/2" Bisley Vaquero or a Birdshead in 45 Colt as well.
I have had that gun for many years and the flap holster, my heavy duty cartridge belt with harness leather suspenders makes a great back country rig in Bear country as well

You all are very pedestrian in your desires. My dream revolver, in fact my grail revolver is a Webley Fosbery.

Last one I saw, and that was over a decade ago was one in only so so condition.

Price was $7000. I guess I could also call it my lottery winnings gun.

Dodgeum

Bearcat
I guess my wants are fairly simple and old school ... Big frame Vaquero, bird's head grip frame, 3 3/4" octagon barrel, Bisley hammer, black powder chamfer on the cylinder, nicely done plum brown finish, Turnbull style color case finish on the frame, burl walnut grips, in .45 Colt, please!

Dodgeum

Latest posts