32/20 revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

S7abz6Vl.jpg
TnMVh5Bl.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I've got Ruger Buckeyes and Vaqueros with 32-20 cylinders but never shot them. My only 32-20 that I've shot is a probably 100 year old Colt Police Positive that I think has been in the family since new. It was owned by my great uncle Joe (my mom's dad's sister's husband), and I never knew him because he died when I was around 4 years old. But I remember his wife, Aunt Bess. We were visiting her when I was about 13 when she gave the Colt to my dad since he was the only family member she knew of who was a gun person and she just wanted the gun out of the house. My dad bought ammo for it, then reloading dies and bullet molds, then went about doing what he did with every firearm he had - trying to find the Goldilocks load that made it shoot best. I don't know what load he settled in on but I'm sure I still have some loaded rounds tucked away somewhere in the basement. My dad made a neat little hinged wood, felt lined case for Uncle Joe's gun, and I still have that as well. I probably never shot it further than the 50 foot range, but it could do that in one ragged hole.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I have several handguns in .32-20. Never really bothered to worry how accurate they are. It's just too cool a cartridge to care IMHO.
p.s. I have always striven for mediocrity so, any handgun/cartridge that can hit the 'plates' at 25 yds. is more than enough for me. I'm sure that if I went full OCD and mounted scope/red dot on any of them, they would be awesome at 50 - 100 yds... (?)
J.

Latest posts