"Project P-89"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
Those are sweet. Found a P89 at a local pawn shop not long ago. Guy wanted $450 for and wouldn't back down. Told him to keep it. Still keeping an eye out for a good one though.

Rdocwby

Bearcat
I got these two for about $390 for the pair only after I put 25 rnds through each of them. Wanted to make sure they worked as advertised. I got lucky with them, they were holstered alot but not shot alot. Very mechanically sound but looked like they had been drug through a gravel pit :) I have about $70 in the chemicals and grips for them so for about $230 each I now have some good lookin "twins"! I have gone over the top now and have a really cool double "Miami Style" shoulder rig for them. Looks pretty cool at the range. These two are a great addition to my Ruger collection.

Rowdy

berettapistols

Blackhawk
jiggerman78 said:
I wanted to ask you if you think cutting the mainspring helped.

I don't think cutting the one coil off the mainspring did anything to the weight of the pull..
I want to go ahead an order a Wolff Spring Kit for the P-89 & put the lighter weight mainspring in it, I'll bet this really lowers the pull weight..
BTW jiggerman78 what type of revolver are you working on??
I have alot of springs in my stash from many revolvers I've worked on..
Gary

Pernal

Bearcat
Nice read; We are waiting on the range report.

I have a KP94 9mm. I have a KP944 complete upper assembly on the way. A Ruger KP94/944 Convertible.

I have been looking for KP89's; Not much luck. I am watching P89DC uppers for my KP91DC.

Disabled Auto Tech,
Russell Gary

PS. P-series guns have disappeared around here.

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
Just got a line on a P89 from another member. Hoping to have it by next week.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
NO!!
I could have went today but the wind speed outside is about 20-35mph but the temerature is 73 degrees..
I'll have to wait for a nice day & make a day of it..
I even have the six magazines for the P-89 loaded & also have my MKII & 10/22 ready to go..
There won't be too many nice days left this year to hit the range..
Supposed to rain the next 3-4 days up through Thanksgiving & there's a Black Friday Gunshow in Lexington this weekend..

snapon1973

Bearcat
i found this company that refinishes gun all together plus custom work off course http://www.customizedcreationz.com/
600_OD_Green_Ruger.jpg