new ruger model? RPRAP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

huntsman22

Blackhawk
Yep. Introducing the Redneck Precision Ruger American Predator.........

IMG_8568_zpsoj6hfunu.jpg

IMG_8571_zps8nilfctw.jpg

Just my Predator slapped in a MDT LSS chassis.....grin

egl52

Single-Sixer
That looks pretty cool, and it's got to be a big improvement over the flimsy factory stock. Have you had any feeding issues with the new magazines? How does the rifle as it is now compare to your RPR? By the way, I've been enjoying the pictures you've been posting of your rifles and the critters you shoot with them. 500+ yards on a prairie dog is impressive.

huntsman22

Blackhawk
Big improvement over the flimsy plastic. In both the stock AND mags. Feeds slick, no issues. I did have to grind down the mag stop screw in the chassis as it caused safety binding and feed issues, but is perfect now.

Don Lovel

Hunter
what caliber is that beautiful rig?

Neighbor said when his buffalo start dropping calves the coyote hunting around here is pretty interesting.

I almost got one of those twitchy little never stop moving ground squirrels with my 5mm pellet rifle yesterday, hardest thing to hit I have ever tried to shoot at

huntsman22

Blackhawk
Big Old Boy said:
How much does that weigh as set up?

finally got batteries for the scale... As set up, with full 10 rd mag, Harris bipod, Harvester can and cover, folding adapter, MOE stock and riser, Hogue grip it goes 12.7 lbs all up..... Just over 2 lbs lighter than the RPR.

IMG_8790_zps8h3rwlzk.jpg

jcart

Single-Sixer
huntsman22 said:
Slapped a folder on it. Now it's short enough to fit next to the seat in the car.

IMG_8632_zps3upcuuih.jpg

IMG_8629_zpstqeo17ou.jpg

IMG_8631_zpstz1gmy0j.jpg

IMG_8638_zpshmrm3jut.jpg

I like the folder option.
Where did you order from?
I have an 18" RPR in 308 that I am considering doing this to.
Thanks.

huntsman22

Blackhawk
jcart said:
I like the folder option.Where did you order from?I have an 18" RPR in 308 that I am considering doing this to.Thanks.

It won't work on the RPR. Unless you get rid of the bolt shroud and trigger and safety mechanism and barrel nut system. But you can get the LSS and folder direct from MDT.....