New from Ruger: LC Carbine chambered in .45 ACP.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Now 9mm and maybe 40. I believe I have been mentioning this for a while.

This one is going to be big seller. I've been resisting getting another blaster, but I think I'll have get one. Already got the ammo. 😁
1705964685226.gif

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I suggest that anyone considering buying one download the instruction manual from the Ruger site (or the below link), paying particular attention to the disassembly and assembly process. It's not what I would call a simple process. There's a couple things I don't particularly like: The 2 part bolt, and the buffer spring/guide rod assembly which looks a lot like the one in a Buckmark, in that it uses a 'C' clip to hold everything together (see the illustrated parts breakdown). I suspect the aftermarket suppliers will come up with a better captured spring assy. pretty quickly.

I suggest that anyone considering buying one download the instruction manual from the Ruger site (or the below link), paying particular attention to the disassembly and assembly process. It's not what I would call a simple process. There's a couple things I don't particularly like: The 2 part bolt, and the buffer spring/guide rod assembly which looks a lot like the one in a Buckmark, in that it uses a 'C' clip to hold everything together (see the illustrated parts breakdown). I suspect the aftermarket suppliers will come up with a better captured spring assy. pretty quickly.

Ruger likes to build in a few tricks. I remember the Mk's were the most common bag O gun gunsmiths would see. 10-22 as well.

BarryinIN

Bearcat
I think I'm among many who thought that, if Ruger made a .45 ACP carbine, it would be based on the PC9 design. I wonder why they didn't???

I honestly never paid any attention to the LC carbine in 5.7x28 because I have no interest in the caliber so don't know anything about the action. If I did, maybe the answer would be obvious. Is it blowback or does it have a mechanical locking system?

If nothing else, the PC is a couple hundred dollars less than the LC.

Wvfarrier

Blackhawk
10mm requires a much heavier bolt (almost double the weight) and a different recoil system. I had a long discussion with a Tech at CZ a couple years ago about a 10mm Scorpion and the issues with attempting it

Sgt Duncan

Bearcat
Maybe they will produce a 9mm, but Ruger "doesn't do 40 S&W" (apparently somebody high up is 'triggered' by the "Smith & Wesson" part of the cartridge name). Obviously they don't have a problem using "Glock" mags.
:cool:
Ruger may not "do 40 S&W" at the moment but they have in the past. I have two of the recent PC carbines - one in 9mm and one in .40 S&W. Currently only the 9mm is listed on their website but my guess is the .40 S&W was discontinued due to not enough sales volume to justify continuing production. It is a sweet carbine and I have no issues with it

Latest posts