New from Ruger: LC Carbine chambered in .45 ACP.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I done decided. I'm gettin' one. The only question is do I wait till our 2A Sales Tax Holiday in Aug, or jump on it as soon as they are available locally.:unsure:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Well I did it. $749 at the LGS. They just got this in the shop 2 days ago, and it was the only one they had. If the weather dries out some I'll sight it in today. I'll have to put an optic on it eventually, but the factory sights will do for now.

Ruger lc boxed.jpg

Ruger lc folded.jpg

9x19

Hunter
Well I did it. $749 at the LGS. They just got this in the shop 2 days ago, and it was the only one they had. If the weather dries out some I'll sight it in today. I'll have to put an optic on it eventually, but the factory sights will do for now.

View attachment 38476

View attachment 38477
Congrats, looking forward to your shooting report.

I didn't notice in the release pics they changed the hand-guard from the 5.7 version.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Congrats, looking forward to your shooting report.

I didn't notice in the release pics they changed the hand-guard from the 5.7 version.
One other change from the 5.7 is the take down pin. It's retained in it's hole instead of coming completely out. So you have to push it from one side only until the grip frame is released and then your done. Probably a lot of 5.7 owners were losing the pin. ;)

I did shoot one mag yesterday, but just to check function. Too wet to hang paper, so just 13 random holes in my shootin' stump off the porch. No issues at all, everything worked as advertised.

I do like the grip on this gun. Feels very much like a 1911, even tho it's thicker. Narrower front to back tho, but the angle is the same as a 1911. All the controls are easily reached without changing your grasp if you have avg length digits. If you're comfortable with a 1911, you'll be good with this one.

Recoil is stout, but not uncomfortable with std range ammo. I haven't run any of the +P big boy ammo yet, but I expect it will be noticeably stronger. Especially the 255grn+P hardcast. :devilish:

One other thing: If the bolt is locked back (open) with no mag inserted, the slightest bump will release it & slam it into battery. I don't know if that's normal with the LC platform (this or 5.7) or not. It did surprise me.

Last edited:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I haven't had the issue with the bolt release on either of my 5.7s
Hmmm. I'll have to open it (again) and see if there's something wrong. I really don't want to send this in to Ruger. It's not a big deal unless you've got a finger in the way.

ETA: I emailed Ruger about this, but they'll probably tell me to read the manual. I did just find this little note:

Last edited: