New Gen 2 Ruger American Rifles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rem58sport

Bearcat
I just picked up a RAR 556 with the AR mag. The new upgrades look to address what consumers have been changing out almost since the RA first came out. My guess the new stock, the 4th version will be the most appreciated. I know I already changed out mine. It will be intesting to see what the retail will be.

Joe S.

Hunter
I wish they had released these as the Predator and Ranch models and left the standard line alone, and affordable. Leaving a budget friendly option makes sense to me.

That said, I am very intrigued, especially with the 6ARC that is supposed to be coming Q1 of 2024.

1702994009569.png

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
" I like bolt guns with either open sights or a traditionally mounted scope. "
So, what's the difference between 'a traditionally mounted scope' and a scope mounted on a multi-position rail?
Oh, I just think the rails look ugly on a bolt gun. Just aesthetics. Totally subjective. For me they're ok on an AR.

I like them. I've had 6 Americans, and everyone was/is a good shooter. I've sold some in order to purchase other guns. I still have a navy digital camo in 308, a predator in 243, and a compact 22. These are not going anywhere.
I do like the new stock and the new colors offered now. I need (want) another 223, and will probably get one of the new models in it.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Sure got some funky lookin rifles out there today. No end to the synthetic stocks that look pretty weird to me. Not knockin em as I am sure they are selling. Make sense often for hunting in inclement weather. Feel old fashioned with my walnut shiny blued 700 but that is what I prefer.

If the factory installed 'brake' works like the one on the 16.5" 6.5 Cr my friend bought, they should have just left it off and cut the price $10. Talk about an ear buster, that side blast hurts from 10' away even with ear plugs.
Most buyers of 'price point' rifles aren't buying based on 'good looks'. This may make a difference between similar priced rifles but still not the primary selling point.
I chose an RAR in 6.5 Grendel because it uses AR magazines and had a 16.5" threaded barrel, the rest was just 'acceptable' features that really had zero consideration in the selection process..

Latest posts