Lipseys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

awp101

Single-Sixer
TX, home of DeeDee Snavely's Used Guns and Weapons
Green Frog said:
I hate to say this, but I kinda wish it had been a SIX shooter instead of 7. I guess I'm an old school Luddite!

Froggie
You are not alone, I feel the same way. And to add to my Luddite-ness, I don't like the Bisley or birds head grips. Neither fits my hand very well.

But if the price is right I may have to consider one as long as it's a regular grip frame...

RABULL

Bearcat
I would just like to "Thank" Jason and Lipsey's for being willing to go the distance for us to bring out handguns to market that Ruger should bring out on their own. Ruger had the .327 Fed. Magnum disappear so fast, I never felt like the .327 Fed, Magnum was never given a fair chance to take off. Lipsey's has brought out handguns that we have asked for but could not get Ruger to do anything with. If you will remember, Lipsey's got Ruger to do a Ruger Blackhawk and a Ruger Bisley in .44 Special when Ruger was not even producing .44 Special Revolvers.

I would like to order a Ruger Single-Six .327 Fed. Magnum in the 4 5/8" and the 7 1/2" Stainless Models. If sales are good enough, I hope Jason will be able to get us a Blued Single Six .327 and maybe even a Bisley Single Six .327 model which I would really like to have.

Anyway, I am standing by to be able to order a couple of the Stainless Steel Single-Six .327 Fed. Magnums with hopes for what future Lipsey Models will bring to us!

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
I just checked the Lipsey website and still no sign of it. My "loyalty" to Ruger extended to buying the previously released (or did it have to "escape"... no real announcement of it) Blackhawk 8-shooter. Should I sell that for an obscene profit and buy the new, smaller model or hang on to what I've got? As I said earlier, I'd still like just a plain old six shot single action (blue or preferably stainless.) With 20-20 hindsight, I should have held onto my Buckeye Special 32-20/32 H&R Convertible and had it opened out to "true" 327 Magnum when the round came out... that would have been my vision of what a 32 cal handgun should be. Maybe I ought to take a mid-sized Flat Top (while they are still somewhat available) and have a custom version of that built on 327. Life is too short to dance with ugly women and I'm too old for the big boys to finally make the guns I really want! JMHO, of course, and the Lipsey offering should be a step in the right direction, anyway.

Froggie

Joe S.

Hunter
Why not get a blued Single Six 32 and have a 327 made from it. You could probably sell the Blackhawk for enough to cover most of the work... Maybe even have a little money left.

peyton

Single-Sixer
I am ready to buy a bunch of them. I have maybe 6 single sixes in 32 mag, and they are all for the grand kids. Hondo44 did the cylinder reaming process, I am not sure which way to lean.

Joe S.

Hunter
This stuff takes time! I know Jason will tell us as soon as he can/ is able!

Thanks for all ya do man!

RugerRover

Bearcat
I'll take one in 5 and a half inches... the longer barrel should get more of the potential out of the .327, and seven rounds is okay with me!

I wish Lipsey's sold guns directly, via the web...

dakota1911

Buckeye
I thought it was their 327 7 shot. Hmmmm. That 30-06 with the international stock was worth the trip to their facebook page though.

meister mash

Bearcat
I found a dealer with some of Lipseys specials in stock. Put money down on a 4 5/8 single seven for when they hit the shelves. They had a sp 101 engraved and if it wasn't 5 shot 357, then it would be mine too. It needs more 6 shot 327 to be a must buy. Beautiful little revolver though.