Lipseys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dougader

Hunter
mhblaw said:
I have a short barrel birdshead single six in 32 H&R and it could use a companion...

Me, too! 8)

i-qBFjBks-S.jpg

WARD

Single-Sixer
There's not enough room in the Single Six cylinder for 7 32's. Perhaps a mid frame 327? That would be something!

G2

Hunter
Fox Mike said:
My guess is a Shopkeepper with real sights.

That's what I first thought,,, then upon closer deduction;
1. Bearcats dont have rear grip frame screws. Cylinder & Grip frame singular casting.
2. New Bearcats have the "Super" wide hammer. Under standing that a "standard" hammer could be used but that would be a part specific.

The hammer looks to be a single six hammer.

So now I'm going with 32cal 4.6 Birdshead SS with adjustable sights.
The reason for the 32cal -vs- 22cal is no recess for the 22cal present, and the web thickness.
Sure would like to see it chambered in 327 -vs- 32H&R.

shop1.jpg

lipguess.jpg

9.3X62AL

Bearcat
First post to the site, but I have a safe full of Ruger firearms already. Just can't help myself.

This thread of Jason's is intriguing as can be. The Facebook photo--and I'm making a few assumptions here, one being the revolver is a Single-Six platform......that cylinder charge hole sure looks like a 32-caliber straightwall to me. I never went the 327 Federal route, but have a 32 H&R Magnum on board and I would love to replace the SSM I traded lo these many years ago. Any of the 32 calibers--S&W Long, H&R Mag, or 327--if this revolver is chambered in any of them, consider one or two SOLD to this customer.