Lipseys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Flash

Buckeye
I can hold my SSM in the same position and and it looks exactly like the stainless one in the picture except for the web between chambers. If this is a 32 mag, the cartridge rims will sure be close together. My estimate is that they'll be about .030 apart. I was hopeful for a 32/20 but that rim is even larger. I can't see the 327 going in there with a seven shot cylinder. There would only be .070 between chambers.

I was hoping for a Lipsey's K1A in 38/55 and it certainly is not that. So I'm guessing an eight shot stainless single six in 32 H&R. Wouldn't it be cool if it came with a 32 ACP cylinder too. Not as cool as a stainless 1A in 38/55 but pretty cool. Back to pouting. :(

NorEaster

Blackhawk
I feel it is a shopkeeper in .32 something caliber
It's not a single six as there is no seam line for the grip frame to the cylinder frame area.
My guess is that the screws we are seeing are some sort of retaining screws

varminter22

Single-Sixer
dougader said:
mhblaw said:
I have a short barrel birdshead single six in 32 H&R and it could use a companion...
Me, too! 8)

i-qBFjBks-S.jpg
Nice! What is the barrel length?

I shortened this one to 3.5".

Was going to shorten it more (true sheriff's model style) and remove ejector rod, but decided to go this route. Ejector rod won't totally eject a fired cartridge from cylinder, but it pushes it out far enough. Much more handy than having to remove the cylinder!

The Lipsey's Bearcat Shopkeeper certainly is intriguing! Appears to be a .32 cal, doesn't it? I hope so; will likely have to have one!

CraigC

Hawkeye
NorEaster said:
I feel it is a shopkeeper in .32 something caliber
It's not a single six as there is no seam line for the grip frame to the cylinder frame area.
My guess is that the screws we are seeing are some sort of retaining screws
It's a 7-shot .327 Single Six.

Joe S.

Hunter
Has Lipsey's released the statement or do yall have the inside scoop?

I havent seen anything "official" but i am sure i'm looking in the wrong place...

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
I hate to say this, but I kinda wish it had been a SIX shooter instead of 7. I guess I'm an old school Luddite!

Froggie

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Joe S. said:

I havent seen anything "official" but i am sure i'm looking in the wrong place...
I think we're all speculating at this juncture.

varminter22

Single-Sixer
varminter22 said:
Joe S. said:

I think we're all speculating at this juncture.
But then, at the link tinstarfirearms posted, they swear they've actually seen and fired the "Single Seven" .327.

Zeus

Blackhawk
No speculating....I shot the two prototypes last week. Along with Will Terry that posted previously. They are very real, seven shot and on the stainless Single six frame. They are going to be produced in 4 5/8", 5.5" and 7.5" versions. I will have a 7.5" version delivered to my dealer as soon as they come available :)

Gun_Cat

Bearcat
G2 said:
Fox Mike said:
My guess is a Shopkeepper with real sights.

That's what I first thought,,, then upon closer deduction;
1. Bearcats dont have rear grip frame screws. Cylinder & Grip frame singular casting.
2. New Bearcats have the "Super" wide hammer. Under standing that a "standard" hammer could be used but that would be a part specific.

The hammer looks to be a single six hammer.

So now I'm going with 32cal 4.6 Birdshead SS with adjustable sights.
The reason for the 32cal -vs- 22cal is no recess for the 22cal present, and the web thickness.
Sure would like to see it chambered in 327 -vs- 32H&R.

shop1.jpg

Interesting....that "Shopkeeper" reminds me of this one (and there is only one of these, made by a friend)

1911842_10151947505562447_19815407_n.jpg

Flash

Buckeye
Zeus said:
No speculating....I shot the two prototypes last week. Along with Will Terry that posted previously. They are very real, seven shot and on the stainless Single six frame. They are going to be produced in 4 5/8", 5.5" and 7.5" versions. I will have a 7.5" version delivered to my dealer as soon as they come available :)

This, I'll take to the bank. :D