Lipseys Single Six Bisley 32 Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gman45

Bearcat
Need a little help with the front sight measurement and the sight radius on this gun if anyone here can help. I'm away from home and wanting to order a replacement sight and can't remember the measurements on my gun. Appreciate the help!

Thumbcocker

Blackhawk
Mine shot 6" high at 25 yards. Ruger sent me a replacement front sight that was identical to the one on it. It is at the gunsmith now to have a different sight put on.
shame it is a well fitted and finished revolver.

G2

Hunter
Fixed sight or adjustable sight?

The fixed/drift only guns have a stub blade and the .32 is taller than the .22,,, which is the only one available(.22)
If you want the correct height for the .32 you will have to buy a Super 10.5" Blackhawk front sight (donor) and machine it down to the correct dimensions.

Adjustable sight is the stubby ramp that comes on Single Six, fyi; they are no longer available in steel, aluminum now.

gman45

Bearcat
Adjustable sights come with the new Lipseys Bisley. Mine also shoots right at 6" high but will shoot a tight group. I'm trying a Dawson Precision front sight. It's the tallest blank and will take some work to file it down to get it right but it's worth the effort.

G2

Hunter
I'm sorry, :oops:
I didn't see the "Lipsey's" that would make it current production adjustable sight.

Mine measures .490 from the top of the barrel to the top of the blade (OAH)
.292 from the top of the blade to the top of the sight base.

FWIW: My 9.5" 32hrm measures .426 (OAH)

gman45

Bearcat
Thanks G2! I kept thinking mine was .290 something but couldn't remember.

My example also shoots high with the rear sight at its lowest setting. Would it be feasible to remove the rear sight and remove some metal directly beneath the transverse leaf asswmbly to allow it to go a minute distance lower? Or am I completely missing something?

G2

Hunter
El Bibliotecario said:
My example also shoots high with the rear sight at its lowest setting. Would it be feasible to remove the rear sight and remove some metal directly beneath the transverse leaf asswmbly to allow it to go a minute distance lower? Or am I completely missing something?

Since the Single Six series has a front sight that is screwed on, easily exchanging it would be what I would do and at the same time customize it... :D

My S7/327M
413078573.jpg

gman45

Bearcat
Nice! Thanks for that picture. I have several blanks coming just in case I mess one up.