new lipseys 44 flat top bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

olskool

Bearcat
MNZ9O0d.jpg
here is my new to me I purchased from a forum member, lipseys bisley 44 flat top special. yesterday I dissembled it and did a trigger and action job, it is slick as cream corn. I cast and sized some Lyman 429421 that drops heavy with ww and ends up about 260gr. I heat it up with 15gr of 2400 and a standard primer. they shoot real tight. this configuration fits my hand like a glove,,,,,,,,,,,

olskool

Bearcat
yes sir one in a 45 colt would be nice. I would like one in stainless although I like blue better the stainless wouldn't wear the finish when carried,,,,,,,,

dougader

Hunter
Have you guys noticed how much smaller and tighter the markings are for serial number, model, caliber, etc?

I first noticed it when I sold my 6.5" SBH 480 and replaced it with the 4.6" barreled 480 SBH. Now I notice it here on your 44 Spl flat top.

Dixiejack

Bearcat
They are really nice guns. I bought one about a month ago. The trigger pull is heavy so I'm thinking of installing a new trigger/hammer spring kit and hope the pull smooths up as I shoot it. I don't have the tools or gunsmithing knowledge to do much more.
I just ordered a .44-40 cylinder for it since I have an 1873 Miroku Winchester in that caliber.

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
s4s4u said:
I like that, nice size for woods carry. I'd like one in 45 Colt.

I sure like mine! It's a .45 LC/.45 ACP convertible. Of course, I had to buy a standard model and convert it to Bisley myself.

opsuz8r.jpg

Dixiejack

Bearcat
win1894s said:
Dixiejack if you don't mind where did you order 44/40 cylinder
From? Thanks

Al Story who owns Borchardt Rifle Company. He has a website, but will not reply to email. He will answer his phone. I would love to have one of his Borchardt 1878 rifles. They are a work of art. He is making a run of .44-40 cylinders now. He makes a lot of Ruger cylinders and parts.

phone: (575) 535-2923