41 Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was at the range today. I took some reloading stuff down, and gave it to the manager. He showed me the area he has designated for a reloading room in this converted container/storage shed. It's a pretty nice setup.

Anyway, I also took my 41 Magnum down to shoot. What a blast! Pun intended. I used to shoot this gun a lot. But haven't lately. I got on some 9mm kick. I don't know why I never got another 41 Magnum, and even considered selling this one a while back. But nope, it isn't for sale now! I've only shot reloads from it, and these didn't disappoint. 215 grain powder coated bullets from SNS Casting.

The target, looks like I need to adjust my sights. Not the most impressive, but for me, it's pretty good shooting.
Ruger41MagnumTarget.jpg

The gun:
Ruger41Magnum.jpg

The other guns I was shooting today:
RugerRevolversThree.jpg

The white grips came on the two .357's and I bought the set for the Bisley. The fit is "ok" at best. The 41 Magnum actually came
with some very, very nice wood grips. I think I'm going to put them back on and bring that gun out to Contender's later this month.

Probably should bring all three guns I suppose, huh?

RugerRevolversThreeAA.jpg

Looking good.
You might want to keep the muzzles pointed DOWN range. Anyway that's the way we do it in SASS ;) ;) :) :)
That's a valid point. I was the only one at this pistol bay, the others were over at the rifle range.

Man, for a 20 yard group that's outstanding. Have you considered shooting .41 special out of it?
Well...not until just now! Thanks for the idea.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Nice shooting and what nice looking SA Ruger revolvers! You say it is a Bisley, but I didn't think that Bisleys had adjustable sights! I have 2 .357 MAG Rugers, an SA Blackhawk and a DA GP100, and a .45 Ruger Convertible SA revolver also. I never thought about getting the caliber in between these two, the .41 MAG. I am looking to get a DA Ruger .45, which may be a 454, depending on what I come across.

I normally shoot at 25 yards (the fixed length of the outdoor range). Sometimes I do 50 yards, and it is hard to see more than just the whole target - 12"x12". I use a spotter to see how I did. I have white pearl grips on both of my Blackhawks.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
My two newest 41 Magnums. These are Williams Shooter Supply Ruger Flattops from 2011. Unfired at this time, but will probably fire one of them this Friday, Sept. 15th. 2023.
My Ruger .45LC Blackhawk is also a Flattop, and I am not allowed to shoot three of the top .45LC loads in it. These rounds are all made by Buffalo Bore- one delivers 1267 ft. lbs, another 1,299, and the thrid (the max) delivers 1,344 ft. lbs. I can shoot only up to and including the round that delivers 1,214 ft. lbs., which is VERY powerful. Since your .41 Mag is also a flattop, do you have similar limitations?

maxfam

Bearcat
There have never been a "Ruger" only load in 41 magnum that I know of. I also have the 45 Colt/ACP flattops, cowboy or standard pressure loads only. As they say, if you want to shoot a magnum, get a magnum.
Here are pictures of my new model flattops.

Attachments

• IMG_7255.jpeg
    IMG_7255.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 82

Ride1949

Hunter
My Ruger .45LC Blackhawk is also a Flattop, and I am not allowed to shoot three of the top .45LC loads in it. These rounds are all made by Buffalo Bore- one delivers 1267 ft. lbs, another 1,299, and the thrid (the max) delivers 1,344 ft. lbs. I can shoot only up to and including the round that delivers 1,214 ft. lbs., which is VERY powerful. Since your .41 Mag is also a flattop, do you have similar limitations?

Look again. That .41 mag Bisley is not a flattop.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Look again. That .41 mag Bisley is not a flattop.
My comment about flattops was in response to Maxfam's note, and the two Ruger revolvers he shows look like flattops. But the stainless steel one presented by Kevin at the beginning of this thread is not a flattop, as you mentioned. So, my question about being able to shoot any and all ammo on his .41 Mag Rugers was relative to him, and he responded with he was not aware of any limitations.

contender

Ruger Guru
Looks like you were having fun Kevin.
Bring them with you if you wish! I enjoy .41's myself,, but hey, I enjoy them ALL!!! :D

And to address the "Bisley's & adjustable sights.
Bisley describes the grip shape. These grip frames have been used on both the Vaquero's and the Blackhawks, from the factory.

Latest posts