Stainless Blackhawk .41 Magnums...where are they?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Scooter1942

Bearcat
I've been on the hunt for a stainless Blackhawk in 41 Magnum. The only one I've ever seen was a 5.5" Bisley model and I guess it is the unicorn for me right now. I had a seller arrange to meet me for a face to face sale last month for one but he was a no show. Then, when I came home to use Buy It Now on Gunbroker for the another one, it had sold minutes earlier!

So for you Blackhawk historians out there, were there other stainless configurations of the Blackhawk in .41 or just the 5.5" Bisley?

G2

Hunter
They have been made in STAINLESS, 5.5" Bisley and 7.5" Hunter & Hunter Bisley.
One of my most favorites.
53137063798_e174551f0b_k.jpg

Sorry I'm no help on a Location of an available Stainless,,,
however I do have a NM 6.5" Blue in near new condition that I would sell.

Curious as to what was the Buy it Now price was???

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
When the Super Blackhawk Hunters were available I was lucky and bought all the calibers (41 Mag, 44 Mag, & 45 Colt).
The Hunters came in two versions; Super Blackhawk plow handle grip like the Dragoon square back frame but with a rounded trigger guard and the Bisley grip.
They all were stainless steel with 7 1/2" barrels with a ridge along the top and cut for scope rings. The 44 Mag version is still listed on the web page.
The 5 1/2" Bisley version in 41 mag sounds sweet too.

G2

Hunter
The 5.5" Stainless Bisley Blackhawk was originally distributed by AccuSport, thus they have been refered as AccuSports. Later runs were distributed by Williams, if the Warning label is on the bottom of the barrel it was a Williams distribution.
They were offered in 45, 45/45acp convertible, 44 Mag, 41 Mag & 357 Mag.

FWIW; The 44 Mag was the lowest production #'s and the prices of those shot up fast… Lipsey's has the exclusive distribution of the 44 Mag (5.5") currenty, but I haven't seen distribution, not say'n it hasn't happened.
1705359391392.jpeg

1705359877989.jpeg

I suspect Lipsey's will get the 41 Mag in the future.
Williams did do a run of 41Mag, They showed up on GB and sold out fast.
The 357 was nice to shoot, but heavy,,,IMO.

If the gun has the older Rosewood grips it was a AccuSport,,,, if it has the later Laminate grips it was Williams/ Lipsey's, Generally,,, If they have not been changed out,,, my 41 wears Custom Black Micarta, and I removed the the Warning from the side of the barrel.

At one time I owned a copy of each, (AccuSports) but have since sold the 44, 357, 45, because of the ridicules amounts of cash that was offered up.

Last edited:

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Lipseys also made a small run of the 4 5/8" and 6.5" regular Blackhawks in stainless a few years ago. I wanted a 6.5" so bad, but had an unexpected large expense. They sold out everywhere within days.

BTW, if anyone has one of those 6.5s they want to part with, PM me :)

gnappi

Single-Sixer
I see SS .41 Blackhawks for sale, not often but when I decided I wanted one it did not take terribly long to get it. Be aware, they're not anywhere near $800 so if it's a good deal someone is looking for it's not likely to happen.

Attachments

• ruger_blackhawk_41_nsn_r.jpg
    ruger_blackhawk_41_nsn_r.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Dan in MI

Staff member
Lipseys also made a small run of the 4 5/8" and 6.5" regular Blackhawks in stainless a few years ago. I wanted a 6.5" so bad, but had an unexpected large expense. They sold out everywhere within days.

BTW, if anyone has one of those 6.5s they want to part with, PM me :)

Those were offered here at the time by former member who gave us great deals. Timing was bad for me and I hesitated. Been kicking myself and searching ever since.

bishopm14

Bearcat
Quick scan of my records and January 2018 was when I bought my 4.62" stainless .41 from a dealer here. Wish I had bought a 6.5" also but oh well.
Crazy that so few know they exist, I jumped quick as it was the only time Ruger ever put out a non Bisley stainless .41 in a normal configuration.
Had a stainless .41 Bisley 5.5" from 2011 but got rid of it as the Bisley thing just doesn't do it for me. It did have the perfect barrel length though…

contender

Ruger Guru
Being a fan of the .41 Mag,, when a good one for a fair price pops up,, I just buy it. Both my stainless ones are the 7-1/2" guns. And, nope,, they ain't for sale.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
Boy oh Boy, today I saw a Ruger Hunter (plow handle) in .41 mag at a R-E-A-L-L-Y fair price, the owner showed me the cylinder was nicely engraved with a to dad from son personalized message. GADS, I so wanted to take that revolver home! If it were a Bisley I would have.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
Yeah, then making it a Bisley would make the price less good and it would still have the inscription :-(

I'd sooner leave the grip frame and have a go at inscription removal.

hittman

Staff member
I'd try to polish it off too …. Some of y'all must live a charmed life even seeing a used Ruger revolver in person and for sale and at a great price.

Last used wheel gun I saw around here was a Smith 64, older LEO trade in, 4 inch in average condition. They were asking $500 for it. They had to sit on it 3 days before it sold.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
I'd try to polish it off too …. Some of y'all must live a charmed life even seeing a used Ruger revolver in person and for sale and at a great price.

Last used wheel gun I saw around here was a Smith 64, older LEO trade in, 4 inch in average condition. They were asking $500 for it. They had to sit on it 3 days before it sold.
There are a LOT of fine S&W's coming into shops here in the "Retirement Capitol of the U.S" (Florida) because many older shooters are passing their collections on either by collection reduction or death :-(

I'm going to go there again today. Grrrr... I need to stay out of these places. A gun shop for me is like a cathouse to a sex addict!

Latest posts