I added a side folding stock to my 10/22 Takedown

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scottginfla

Single-Sixer
I just got through with this project, about 2 hours worth of work start to finish, turned out really nice, I cannot post pics here in this thread, but if someone can help, I can email them to you to post here for everyone to see.

hutchman

Blackhawk
Here they are and nice job!

10-22-folding-stock-1-M.jpg

10-22-folding-stock-2-M.jpg

10-22-folding-stock-3-M.jpg

10-22-folding-stock-4-M.jpg

10-22-folding-stock-5-M.jpg

scottginfla

Single-Sixer
Fits in the pocket fine open or closed, now if you want to add some type of optic, it would have to be a quick disconnect.

Thanks for posting these pics for me hutchman

norfolknova

Single-Sixer
I have been looking for one locally, no luck yet. i missed one at the gun show by 2 minutes. I could order one from one of the online places or auction sites but I just prefer to wait and spend my money locally.

Matt

donut757

Blackhawk
norfolknova said:
I have been looking for one locally, no luck yet. i missed one at the gun show by 2 minutes. I could order one from one of the online places or auction sites but I just prefer to wait and spend my money locally.

Matt

A guy in Great bridge, battlefield guns and ammo had one last week when i went buy... He was asking $360... A little too much for my liking or i would have walked out with it. Not sure if its there or not but worth a shot...

Can u post pics of how u modified the stock???

norfolknova

Single-Sixer
donut757 said:
norfolknova said:

Matt

A guy in Great bridge, battlefield guns and ammo had one last week when i went buy... He was asking $360... A little too much for my liking or i would have walked out with it. Not sure if its there or not but worth a shot...

I stopped bby BOBS guns in Norfolk Friday while I was downtown killing time before my Doctors appt and they didn't even know that the 10/22Td was on the street. the wnet online and check theirs distributer and they did not show any instock either. He said their price would be $330 or $335 when they do get it in. i want one but it is not a must have it now thing. i will keep checking around and looking.

matt

Can u post pics of how u modified the stock???

scottginfla

Single-Sixer
Factory buttstock was completly removed, and aftermarket folding stock was modified to fit the gun
Factory for arm was also used and un-modified.

The really neat thing about this 'modification' as I see it, is that nothing was done to the factory rifle... just the Butler Creek folding stock was cut back.

I presume the 10/22 take downs only come with 18" barrels... what about 16"?

donut757

Blackhawk
Norfolk nova,

Thats unfriendly jerks at Bobs are rather clueless... When i actually wud go there, there were a few times they told me the same... That a gun wasnt out, or a gun that k knew was released was just being developed or some crap... They really are about the dumbest staffed gun store around... They are always right and always have the answer, but most of the time wrong...

On a good note, $330 wud be a good price... I have a hard time believeing that Bobs wud sell the gun that cheap... ill have to see it to beleieve it... They always overproced and as outrageous prices.

jjas

Single-Sixer
I like the way this turned out. It "fits" the gun.

I can imagine (in the next version) that Ruger will look @ mods such as this and do something very similar. Add in that shorter barrel that has been mentioned and thread it for a can.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

sgtlmj

Bearcat
donut757 said:
Norfolk nova,

Thats unfriendly jerks at Bobs are rather clueless... When i actually wud go there, there were a few times they told me the same... That a gun wasnt out, or a gun that k knew was released was just being developed or some crap... They really are about the dumbest staffed gun store around... They are always right and always have the answer, but most of the time wrong...

On a good note, $330 wud be a good price... I have a hard time believeing that Bobs wud sell the gun that cheap... ill have to see it to beleieve it... They always overproced and as outrageous prices.

Would? :?:

scottginfla

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
The really neat thing about this 'modification' as I see it, is that nothing was done to the factory rifle... just the Butler Creek folding stock was cut back.

I presume the 10/22 take downs only come with 18" barrels... what about 16"?

No 16" as of yet, and I don't think there will be.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Wow, I really like that! Looks like something Ruger should do and if not Buttler Creek should make and sell stocks already molded like that...

I wonder now if I will buy one of these stocks while I waite to find a 10/22TD locally.

scottginfla

Single-Sixer
A friend of mine saw it personally and said" where did you get the folding stock, mines next" , so will be doing another one Fri or Sat, there might be a shortage on stainless folding stocks now that the pics are out, hope not.