New Ruger 10/22 stock by Magpul

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just got this new MOE® X-22 Stock for the 10/22 that just came out a few
20240129_134004.jpg
weeks ago from Amazon. 66.95, I kinda like it and thought I would share the picture.
20240129_133813.jpg

Last edited:

bear007

Bearcat
It looks like a great fit. It probably feels very solid in your hands. I was already looking at this for my new 10/22. I'll wait though until the other color options are available, specifically the OD Green.

I waited forever for an OD Green for my PC Carbine and they just never made any. So I settled for the FDE. I'm not gonna do it this time.

Enjoy your stock! At $67 you'll be smiling everytime you are holding it.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Yep looks great. Often wondered the thickness of the Mag-pul stock compares to the Ruger synthetic stock on the rimfires. never thought the stock on my R/A 8323 was too shabby. Rifles like mine and the 10/22 are a dream to carry especially with the shorter barrels and take-down option.

bear007

Bearcat
My thoughts too ... I just wonder why they didn't add the feature to store the 3 mags in the butt stock???

9x19

Hunter
Perhaps to keep the price low... adding complexity to the stock, adds $ to the cost.

But maybe they will offer another version with the storage feature.

bear007

Bearcat
Keep an eye out on Amazon and S & P Outfitters. I got my FDE MOE X-22 from Amazon but then saw S & P had it for less! Still haven't seen the OD anywhere yet. Don't settle, I think the OD will be great!
I will but I don't think Magpul has made any other colors yet, it's too new.

For those interested, I think @sharpblade7777 's use of this stock is one of its ideal applications. Once I setup the new build shown above and took it out, I realized just how unbalanced it is when in a heavy bull barrel application. I have two of these MOE X-22 stocks, another in black on a compact action with open sights, another practical good use of the stock, but for the rifle shown, I'm planning on switching out the stock to something heavy to correct the balance. The compact is likely to get the FDE one shown (with pencil tray reinstalled) and I'll save the black one for a light weight build. Experience tells me its either a pencil barrel or an extremely light bull, silver would be nice with the black stock. Looking around, the KIDD Ultralight bull is probably a really good match for the lightweight stock. Well there goes the wallet again...

Last edited:

bear007

Bearcat
I'm guessing you mean the FDE. On the Magpul website theydon't show any colors available yet other than black. I may change my mind before OD becomes available anyways, I become impatient and move on.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I just ordered the FDE MOE X-22 on Amazon... The FDE was a more expensive option: $81.20 with tax. I've wanted a more comfortable grip angle for my heavy bbl Target 10/22. I only shoot it off bags so balance isn't an issue for me; I'm just hoping that I don't have to glass bed it for accuracy because these 10/22's are very difficult to bed... I did my "Target" and don't want go thru that again.
Am glad to have seen this post..........THANKS

J.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Brownells has all three colors is stock for $60, and you can pre-order the OD green for the same price...Which is what I've done.

akmania

Single-Sixer
I'm guessing you mean the FDE. On the Magpul website theydon't show any colors available yet other than black. I may change my mind before OD becomes available anyways, I become impatient and move on.
Any color you want, but they have olive drab, flat black, FDE too.

bear007

Bearcat
Yes they intend on making the other 3 colors in this new stock model. I've been watching but none have ever been available yet (circle with slash through the colors not available).

After watching for about 1.5 years I saw the other day they finally made some OD green for the PC Carbine. But it's what too late for me. After 6 months of waiting I bought the FDE.

Latest posts