Wood or Faux Pearl ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lngstrt

Single-Sixer
Another recently inherited Ruger, a 4.6" .357 Stainless Steel NMBH. I usually prefer the wood grips on the blued guns but ......

IMG_2258%20copy_zpsds4cfrf5.jpg

IMG_2259%20copy_zps8iemvsw3.jpg

IMG_2260%20copy_zps0gddiyb2.jpg

IMG_2261%20copy_zpspt8noucc.jpg

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Wood, please.

The fake pearl makes it look like a toy. A real nice deluxe toy, but a toy.

I like the wood. Could you tell? :wink:

VinnieBoomBah

Bearcat
I would shoot it with both choices until I figured out which felt better in my hand and then never worry about anyone else's opinion on the issue.

But I have been know to not care about what other people think on many an occasion so I have lots of practice in that regard. 8)

Srb08

Single-Sixer
I've always preferred dark grips on stainless guns (Ebony or Blk Micarta).
Although I really don't care for MOP, on anything, those grips on your stainless gun, don't look bad.
As stated above, see which you can shoot better and don't look back. Ultimately, the only person you have to please, is you.

DGW1949

Hunter
Lngstrt said:
The wife likes the pearl grips ..... that may influence the choice ... :shock:

My wife also prefers your stainless BH with the pearl.
But hey, her carry gun is an older factory nickeled S&W Model-36 which wears it's own set of pearl grips.....so no surprise there. :lol: .

DGW

roylt

Hunter
I would probably use the wood but have the pearl to look at. I have a box of grips for my semiautos. not so many for my revolvers as they typically cost too much. Friend of mine calls my stuff "Barbie clothes".

That is a very nice pistol though for sure. (needs a super hammer though...)

whichwatch

Blackhawk
Put a wood panel on one side and a pearl panel on the other, when you get tired of looking at one, turn it over. :)

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Good lookin' guns there...but as to the pearl grips....Gen. Patton said it best, "nobody by a New Orleans ....." you get the idea...No offense meant, just not my cup-o-tea. Rod

Lngstrt

Single-Sixer
Rodfac said:
Good lookin' guns there...but as to the pearl grips....Gen. Patton said it best, "nobody by a New Orleans ....." you get the idea...No offense meant, just not my cup-o-tea. Rod

No offense taken .... still have a First Amendment ...... for now :roll:

I think there's a set of stag-like grips in the pile .... maybe I'll see what they look like.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Pearl looking grips are love/ hate.

If they fit your hand well, and You like them, no reason not to.

Sometimes you feel like subdued, sometimes you feel like tasteful bling ( everything being equal.)

I like my horses with color, preferably Tobiano, and my guitars with sunburst. (Of course whrn I found a particularly good deal on a RD-40, it was the opposite of my visual preferences.)

Latest posts