Winds of Adak

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Spent a couple years up there as a youngster in the late 50's, so had to watch this. About 1 hr long hunting movie hosted by Benelli. Caribou, ducks, etc. on the island. Very tough country to hunt, lots of great scenery. Brought up a lot of old memories. Filmed in the Summer/Fall of 2020. Enjoy. :D

https://www.benelliusa.com/windsofadak

jgt

Buckeye
I spent a year on Shemya so this brought up old memories of my time in the Aleutians for me also. I would have loved to have been on a large island like Attu or Adak, but I was so busy working that it would not have made much of a difference. Anyone that has never experienced the isolation of such a place can not appreciate what it is like day in and day out. One of the reason things looked like people just walked out the door and left everything where it was is because of the expense of getting it there makes it too expensive to remove it. You can bet there is an unshown bone yard there with trucks and equipment dating to the early forties. Anyway, thanks for the memories.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
jgt said:
I spent a year on Shemya so this brought up old memories of my time in the Aleutians for me also. I would have loved to have been on a large island like Attu or Adak, but I was so busy working that it would not have made much of a difference. Anyone that has never experienced the isolation of such a place can not appreciate what it is like day in and day out. One of the reason things looked like people just walked out the door and left everything where it was is because of the expense of getting it there makes it too expensive to remove it. You can bet there is an unshown bone yard there with trucks and equipment dating to the early forties. Anyway, thanks for the memories.

What I remember most (besides the weather), was the salmon run. They'd be so thick heading up stream from Finger Bay on Adak you could almost cross the stream on their backs and not get your feet wet. Want one for supper? Just reach in & pick the one you want. :D

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
contender said:
I wasn't able to download that. My service here is too slow!

It's available on YouTube also, if that's any help to you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6EeByOZ0_GjufFnVCPKFOitzRjp1Kit3

jgt

Buckeye
Yes it is nice. The problem we had was you could count them on the fingers of one hand. We celebrated those.