Where do dogs go?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
rich e said:
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Well, that was very nice.
Thank You

Phoenix too

Blackhawk
I skipped the lot, didn't need no tears this morning.

Ours usually make a bee-line for the mud hole and poison ivy... With a detour if there's a hint of horse poop or something dead about.

mishtub

Blackhawk
Colonel Daddy said:
Mishtub, is that an original composition? I have from time to time a need for it, but would want to give proper recognition.
It is not original by me, don't remember who sent it to me quite a while ago. Feel free to pass it along. It is to good to not share.

wwb

Hunter
Phoenix too said:
Ours usually make a bee-line for the mud hole and poison ivy... With a detour if there's a hint of horse poop or something dead about.

Only a dog lover can truly appreciate the truth of this statement.

Reminds me of a Gary Larson "Far Side" cartoon from many years back; a boy dog, holding a bouquet of flowers, is greeted at the door by a girl dog, obviously a date, and he says "Gosh, Ginger, you sure look nice tonight.... and whatever you rolled in sure does stink."

Pierow

Blackhawk
JJ_Miller_480 said:
I have come to realize that you can tell a lot about a man by how he treats his dog........................................JJ
That and how folks treat their servers when out to dinner. Better than giving someone a twelve-hundred question psychology exam.

Sorry to hear about your lab 375supermag.

Pierow

Latest posts