What's the name of the lizard cage shells

Help Support Ruger Forum:

princeout

Blackhawk
Skip,
Today I ordered some Kaytee Walnut Bedding from Amazon - 25 lbs for about $30 shipped. I'll report back next week if it is any good.
Tim

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
It's English?

http://www.kaytee.com/products/walnut-litter.php

http://www.petco.com/product/102881/Zilla-Ground-English-Walnut-Shells-Reptile-Bedding.aspx

mikld

Blackhawk
Okie44 hit it! Lizzard Litter. The best I've found is from Petsmart; dark, course grind walnut shells.

skip

Single-Sixer
You guys are the best... Zilla was what I wuz thinkin...didn't know that it was English walnut...the shell media I am using is lining the inside of my brass with a coating of nut dust...I probably used it to long but I"m not happy with it ...thought I would try something different..

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
skip said:
You guys are the best... Zilla was what I wuz thinkin...didn't know that it was English walnut...the shell media I am using is lining the inside of my brass with a coating of nut dust...I probably used it to long but I"m not happy with it ...thought I would try something different..
Over time I think any Walnut media will break down to dust. I use a 50-50 mix of Corn Cobb and Walnut and I change part of my media every once in a while. I also keep some brass polish in it and if it looks too dry I add a little water to keep the dust down. :D

princeout

Blackhawk
princeout said:
Skip,
Today I ordered some Kaytee Walnut Bedding from Amazon - 25 lbs for about $30 shipped. I'll report back next week if it is any good.
Tim

Used the Kaytee Walnut on a load of brass and it did just fine. At $1.20/lb delivered it is pretty reasonable.

Tim

Three44s

Single-Sixer
If my lizzard litter gets too dusty ........ I run it with the lid off and the dust goes all over the house ..............

.......... Oh, you could take your tumbler outside and run it and avoid getting the dog house ........ my tumbler is a big one and I can't get in there with it at the same time.

Three 44s

Slenk

Single-Sixer
Put a cap full of liquid car polish in the walnut shell. I use the stuff in the orange bottle.
No more dust.