Here is the pest

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crow#2

Single-Sixer
I will try to stop being such a pest.I will post a pic of these dies for my 30/30
Are these what I want? I believe they are carbide dies
Here's two sets I'm thinking thec4 die set is what want
Yes ,No

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_081919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_081919_Chrome.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20240112_081331_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_081331_Chrome.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 42

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I have the red Lee set and they work well enough for me. It comes with the Lee Factory Crimp Die that I like for putting a good, firm crimp on the round since they're for my tube-fed Marlin 336.

Edited to add:
I don't think you'll need the 4-die set, as the 4th die is for if you want to only neck-size your brass after you've fired it in your rifle. Not suggested if you're loading for multiple rifles.

Aqualung

Last edited:

NikA

Buckeye
I use a lube pad (basically an oversized ink stamp pad with no ink) and roll 5-8 cases across it at a time.

I've used a variety of non-reloading lubes including mink oil, ATF, and light grease for lubricating pistol slide rails. Never saw the need to purchase a lube specific to case sizing.

Cholo

Staff member
For the 30-30---I, too, use Imperial wax and apply lightly by fingers with very little on the case neck and none on the shoulder. Overdo it and you will dimply the shoulders.

I don't recommend roll crimping. It's very easy to crush the shoulder even if all brass is trimmed to the correct length. Use a taper/factory die for crimping.

Reloading the 30-30 is far from the easiest rifle cartridge to load. If you don't do things to a T you will soon learn.

Dillon case lube.
Put some brass in a small ziplock bag.
Give it a squirt or two of lube.
Shake, shake shake to distribute.
Wait a couple of minutes to dry.

Easy peasy.

john guedry

Single-Sixer
I use Imperial Wax for all my bottleneck cases. However the only time I have ever stuck a case was using Imperial, old age and stupidity will "get you every time". I'm NOT switching lube.

anachronism

Single-Sixer
For the 30-30---I, too, use Imperial wax and apply lightly by fingers with very little on the case neck and none on the shoulder. Overdo it and you will dimply the shoulders.

I don't recommend roll crimping. It's very easy to crush the shoulder even if all brass is trimmed to the correct length. Use a taper/factory die for crimping.

Reloading the 30-30 is far from the easiest rifle cartridge to load. If you don't do things to a T you will soon learn.
If you get any on the shoulder you can simply wipe it off. The shoulder dents are caused by trapped air bubbles.

I've been using Hornady Unique with very good results. I had been wearing latex gloves and had problems holding onto the cases. Lately, my hands are so dry I decided to dispense with the gloves and don't drop as many cases. Can't say it helps my hands but don't have to bend over as much.

Latest posts