What method do you like for Priming?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearStopper

Blackhawk
If I am loading a large quantity I use a Hornady progressive press that automatically primes but if I am using my turret press I use a Lee hand priming tool and it works very well.

Glassfixer

Bearcat
RCBS hand primer for the rifle cases. I still reload single stage with a RCBS rock chucker for the pistol cases. When I flare the mouths of the pistol case with the up stroke then put a primer in the primer thingy and push it in and it inserts the primer in the case on the down stroke. Seems to me I am accomplishing two functions in one operation. Although I am handling the primers individually, which is kind of slow. This is the way I was taught. I was kind of wondering if any body else has loaded pistol cases single stage this way. - Glassfixer

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
I'll add another vote for the Lee Auto Prime hand tool. You can feel the primer going in very nicely and can tell when that rifle case has seen too much pressure too many times :D. I add a drop of 3-in-1 oil to the pivots each time that I use it and wipe up the excess. Lubrication is key to longevity according to Mr. Lee in his book(s). I'll be picking up another one once I start reloading these 223 cases that I have laying around.

Yellowtail

Bearcat
Just brought home a Lee Auto Prime the other day for 5 bucks off Craigslist. Did 100 primers last night in front of the tube. I tell you what, I will never go back to that tube feed thing on the top of my Rockchucker.

two bit okie

Single-Sixer
I have broken the handles on 3 lee primers, and finally go the RCBS. Yes the pin falling out is a pain in the a** but the primers are still all of the wayl in.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
Hand priming with the Lee & Hornady hand priming tool was my preference until I purchased a Lee Classic Turret Press. With that I use the Lee Auto Prime system.

Lo-Bo

Bearcat
An inexpensive Lee hand primer. Has worked perfect for over 20 years. Also have the RCBS hand primer tool and greatly prefer the Lee. The Lee does take special shell holders but they are not expensive and are easy to come by. RCBS uses standard shell holder but I find the tool a pain to use in comparision.