What have they "done again"!?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
My guess is it's too soon for an SR-45 (probably have a lot of redesign to do, if doing it at all), so likely the SR-40c. "Done it again", and all. That implies that it is not something new, at least to me.

Plus, they could just be rolling the Scout Rifle, SR-556 upper, and a few other things together into a big marketing announcement.

-- Sam

Flash

Buckeye
ghost in the machinegun said:
How about a lever action rifle?

Didn't Browning do a poor enough job on the lever gun? I don't think anyone can top Winchester or Marlin in the lever gun field. I am hoping for a decent double action rimfire or other small bore caliber.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
with the message
Manufacturer of the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Handgun of the Year is starting 2011 with a bang!
I dont see it being a .22lr revolver... I'm hoping for a 1911, but yea i agree the SR40c makes more sense... crap. I was all excited...

Flash

Buckeye
dacaur said:
with the message
Manufacturer of the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Handgun of the Year is starting 2011 with a bang!
I dont see it being a .22lr revolver... I'm hoping for a 1911, but yea i agree the SR40c makes more sense... crap. I was all excited...

I think you nailed it :lol:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Flash said:

Didn't Browning do a poor enough job on the lever gun? I don't think anyone can top Winchester or Marlin in the lever gun field. I am hoping for a decent double action rimfire or other small bore caliber.

Flash, I hope you meant the company and not Browning, you know that old guy.
Come to think of it, all the BL-22's I ever shot were pretty sweet and I think the company designed that one, not the old guy.

hatecity24

Bearcat
dont get too excited guys. I went to my local shop about two weeks ago and held a sr40 for the first time. When I said "I'll be back after christmas." the guy told me ruger was releasing a compact version at the first of the year. 98% sure were getting a sr40c. But a sr1911 would be sahhhweeeet.

BigBlue

Single-Sixer
101VooDoo said:
While I've got nothing against 1911's (have three currently), they're available in any configuration you could want (or afford) from chi-com knock-offs to mega-bux customs. Can't swing a cat without hitting two or three. Hate to see Ruger's production lines tied up by yet another 1911.

With all the 1911s being sold from the Philippines, Brazil and Turkey, there has to be a market for a good American made 1911 at a reasonable price and backed by a reliable company. S&W must have seen a market for it.
Don

Flash

Buckeye
Cheesewhiz said:
Flash said:

Flash, I hope you meant the company and not Browning, you know that old guy.
Come to think of it, all the BL-22's I ever shot were pretty sweet and I think the company designed that one, not the old guy.

I guess to be specific, I should have wrote Miroku Industries. I had a BLR in 243 and it was a pretty POS.

jhearne

Buckeye
2008 HGOTY was the LCP, 2009, LCR, 2010 SR9c. Could be another revolver or semi-auto pistol. The fact they're putting emphasis on the fact they won HGOTY makes me think it's another handgun, rather a rifle/shotgun.

SR45 seems a little soon, but we'll see tomorrow. I'd like to see a single stack 9mm personally, but I could see them making the 1911 their way....which IMO, isn't what I'd want.

Josh

idunno

Bearcat
Mr25-06 said:
Sorry guys, but I hope it is NOT a 1911.

The return of a DA revolver .22LR keeps echoing in my ears...

Jon

Wow. I had no plans to purchase any firearms in 2011 until I considered this. That'd be awesome.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
My friend and I have been waiting up since New Year's Eve, we're really excited.

drunks.jpg

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
Gregg1LE said:
If it is a 1911,do you think it would it be bare bones model like the Remington R1 or Para GI or will it have extra features?

Judging by the SR-556 I'd say any 1911 they might bring to the market is going to be full of extras or maybe even revolutionary.

Mike J

Hunter
Ya'all look really excited Cheese. I'd hate to think how that guys back felt when he came to.