What did you pay for your 22/45?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PhantomCavie

Bearcat
Hey everyone, I was hoping to get a good consensus on the range of prices people bought their 22/45s for. I've personally seen mid-to low 300s. Also, what should I expect to pay for a used one?

ian03

Single-Sixer
I was just looking at some brand new ones at a local store over the border in Maine.

$264.95 was the brand new out the door price for these. Now, this wasn't the removable 1911 grip panel version, they didn't have one and couldn't give me a price. Check out GalleryofGuns.com, pick your gun, type in your zip code and it spits out the prices of all the local shops.

PhantomCavie

Bearcat
Thanks, I'm also hoping to find a private seller because you can own at 18 in Michigan but you can't buy from a store, only from an individual :p which is strange to me, but oh well.

NZshooter

Bearcat
PhantomCavie said:
you can own at 18 in Michigan but you can't buy from a store, only from an individual

Don't you have to be 21 to get a CPL or handgun purchase permit? Just wondering.

PhantomCavie

Bearcat
Not from what i've read, you can get a purchase permit at 18 you just can't buy from a gun dealer. So i'm not sure, it's not really detailed very well. I sent my uncle a message (he's a lieutenant) and hopefully he'll be able to clear some things up for me :p I'll let you know when I know for sure.

PhantomCavie

Bearcat
Sugar River, I'm aware, I just happened to find this statement on a website for Otsego county in Michigan.

"QUALIFICATIONS

To legally own and use a firearm, you must meet the following criteria:

1. You must be at least 18 years of age. You should note however, that you must be at least 21 years of age if you are purchasing the firearm from a firearms dealer. You may purchase a handgun from a private individual, if you are at least 18 but under 21 years of age. "

This sounds like you can buy at 18, just not from a dealer, even though you can't buy ammunition until you are 21.

Here is the link if you want to see for yourself.

http://www.otsegocountymi.gov/gun-registration-108/

PhantomCavie

Bearcat
Upon further research, I haven't been able to find proof that you have to be 21 to buy ammo either :/ looks like I'm just waiting on my uncle to give me a definitive answer :p

EnzNow

Bearcat
I paid 275 for my MarkIII 22/45 a year ago, 300 out the door. Wish I waited for removable grips tho, i feel my grip is too thin. Otherwise a great gun. 800 rounds fired to date.

-EnzNow

reakin

Single-Sixer
I just picked up a MKII 22/45 (P512), mint condition with both mags and factory gray box for $220 out the door. Seems prices on these can swing all over the place, depending on location, time of year, or simply being in the right place at the right time.

reakin

two were at this past weekends Niles gun show and BOTH were under $250 out the door..............
I think you'll find, to buy a 'handgun' from ANY 'FFL' you must be 21 years of age.....many 'locales' allow the ownership of firearms at a lessor age, but YOU still cannot 'legally ' buy it.......check first, hate to see you get in trouble and NEVER be allowed to own, possess, another firearm............... :wink:

reakin

Single-Sixer
Dan, happen to remember what models those were? You ever stumble across a Great Eight at a reasonable price, you let me know. That's still on my short list.

reakin

they were 5 1/2 inch bull barrels, with the flat polymer grip frames, NO "wood" grips like some of the latest ones show, one was missing the 'spare ' mag also........yes, will keep our eyes open for one of the Great Eights......

Richbaker

Blackhawk
rugerguy said:
two were at this past weekends Niles gun show and BOTH were under $250 out the door..............
I think you'll find, to buy a 'handgun' from ANY 'FFL' you must be 21 years of age.....many 'locales' allow the ownership of firearms at a lessor age, but YOU still cannot 'legally ' buy it.......check first, hate to see you get in trouble and NEVER be allowed to own, possess, another firearm............... :wink:

Anyone, 18 to 20(+364days) years of age may purchase a handgun from a PRIVATE seller, depending on LOCAL law.....

They MUST be 21 or older to purchase from an FFL-holder.

A stupid law, but it is what we have to deal with.

Athanasor

Bearcat
Paid 249.95 plus tax at BassPro a couple of weeks ago on sale. Had the same price last weekend. Blued, 5.5", bull barrel, regular grips. Very accurate right out of the box.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
My 2245 was low $300's September 2009 - it is a Davidson's exclusive blued 5 1/2" bbl Hunter with the fluted bbl and the fiber optic front sight. Love it!

mattsbox99

Hunter
I bought my 22/45 4" bull barrel for $249, ended up being over $1k by the time I got my PacLite upper on it and suppressor... oh well, tis the price for fun!

I also have a 6 7/8" 22/45 Fluted Stainless Bull barrel "Hunter" that was $365. I have lots of other MK pistols but those are my only 22/45s.

Latest posts