What ammo are you using in your LCP II .22?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rick42

Bearcat
I just got one a week ago. I am using CCI mini mags 40 grain, and Aguila super extra 40 grain. Both with no issues. I have also used some CCI stingers - varmint 32 grain. when I first started shooting the gun , I had a couple of rounds that didnt eject from the stingers. They have a longer casing wich somtimes can cause a problem . When I first got the gun , and the first time I shot it , I was having numerous light strikes and no eject issues. But that was with various cheap ammo I already had . Since then I have purchased better quality , high velocity ammo , and I took the gun apart and cleaned and greased it. Yes , grease , no oil , and I have had o issues with the ammo mentioned above , even the stingers. I would stay away from standard velocity. I really like it so far. time will tell. And Welcome to the forum.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Federal Automatch bulk ammo runs great in mine, almost 4000 rounds of it. I've also shot some Winchester 36gr, a few hundred and it runs fine too.

Mine does not require premium ammo.

DavidWH

Bearcat
I have lots of Winchester 36 grain, so that's what I'll be trying first. l am in CA still in my 10 day waiting period.