What books do you recommend for information on Rugers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

60CPT

Bearcat
I have been accumulating for some time, but never paid much attention to the details and finer points of the guns I have. I just enjoyed them for what they are.

But, now I want to assemble a "reference library" on Rugers. I'm mainly interested in the single action revolvers, and M-77 rifles. The only book I currently have is Ronnie Burke's book on the 77.

What other books should I acquire for information on the Blackhawks, Bearcats, Single-sixes, and M-77's?

Appreciate the suggestions!

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
First, I strongly suggest you subscribe to the Red Eagle news Exchange. Our own member, chet15 is the owner/editor. New subscribers get the "Ruger Reference Guide." I find it invaluable. Plus, you will get quarterly newsletters.
Next, look at John Dougan's "Ruger Pistols & Revolvers, the Vintage Years."
I'd also suggest a copy of R.L. Wilson's book, "Ruger & His Guns."
These are just for starters. There are many others out there.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
60CPT.
Welcome to the Forum and Ruger collecting!
You already have one of the hardest to find of the Ruger books with your copy of Burke's M77 Rifles.
Have to agree with Contender that Dougan's newest book has about all you could ever know about Autos & Single Actions. Then, Wilson's book Ruger & His Guns is a must. Both can be found pretty handily on eBay.
There are lots of others, but this is a good start. Signing up for the Red Eagle News Exchange is another good move. And, with admitted bias, I suggest joining the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society; link in my Signature.

Latest posts